Trading Grain Spreads Using a Fundamental Approach

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by local, Mar 6, 2011.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Can we know?

It would help me adjust my poster reliability hierarchy.

Thanks.

#31     Jun 30, 2011
  2. bone

bone

We rolled out of July on June 20th, and our models in both ZC Z1-Z2 and ZC U1-Z1 have been short bias since early March. Today's price action was very good for us. ZW U1-Z1 has been a short bias since mid-February, but looks like we are working on a trend change to a buy bias in the near future. ZS U1-X1 has been a short bias since January, but like Wheat looks to be progressing towards a long bias in the near future. So, whatever your point is, today was great for us at least.

#32     Jun 30, 2011
  3. emg

emg

Here is a question for u.

Figure out why december corn and nov beans spread are widening?

If u know the answer to that question, u are starting to learn the fundamental of grain spread trade.

#33     Jun 30, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Today's Confirmation:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#34     Jul 1, 2011
  5. Hey local or bone, what are some good books or info that a beginner could read or study on Grain spreads. I'm quite interested in this area of the markets and its difficult to find very much info on it.

#35     Jul 5, 2011
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

-Courtney Smith "Futures spread trading: the complete guide"

-The encyclopedia of spreads from MRCI

-Not Keith Schap

#36     Jul 6, 2011
  7. Already read both of those. If I suscribe to MRCI's site is it worth it? Ive seen people here say that its a good service but don't use their recomendations. What do you think?

#37     Jul 6, 2011
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I don't use it, but I know a lot of people do. You can use them for charts, comments... but I think it is better to find your own spreads through research.

#38     Jul 8, 2011
  9. greg25

greg25

I use Mrci, but not their recommendations. The data and charts they offer are nice and you can scan the market rapidly...

I also use http://www.scarrtrading.com/Home.action , Is a very useful site, you can set up your own charts, seasonal, stacked,continuous, etc, quite all you need for spread trading... also you can check the spread calculator, and you can find out the odd`s of your trade based on the past data.. I really like it..

If someone what to subscribe, I have some Coupons, so you can get some % off the price you have on the web site... !!!!! (send me a private message)

Sorry for my English

greg

#39     Aug 19, 2011