Trading Gold ETFs: JNUG NUGT DUST

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Mar 17, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Anyone else trading NUGT JNUG DUST?

My best trades yesterday and today were NUGT breakouts, I took a stop trying to bottomfish DUST, will keep trying because the upside range is big.

That's a hedge, long opposite charts like NUGT vs DUST, scale into whichever one moves up best

2. S2007S

S2007S

I had jnug yesterday at $4. Sold it at 7, then it skyrocketed!!!!

Today in jdst and dust

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Cool, DUST bouncing a bit, thx re JDST

4. themickey

themickey

I've observed in the past, sometimes ETF's lag, they don't always behave.
    One may see for example gold stocks en mass move in one direction but the ETF will not.
    With gold, I prefer to trade a few key stocks but I have a slight advantage I think in that the ASX has a huge choice on gold stocks, maybe more than USA or Canada.

KCalhoun likes this.
  5. ET180

ET180

JNUG was 95 exactly a month ago. Now it's 13...after a 58% increase today. I suspect it almost got liquidated on Friday. This is why you should never trade 3X ETFs in a volatile market. Just buy more of the 1X if you want more exposure.

6. comagnum

comagnum

Wish I had gotten into JNUG - it was on my final filter last night, got tunnel vision from trading the NQ/ES big swings last night.

A bracketed buy order on the take out of the prior days high & you would have been up 50%, it ran hard out of the gate. Will be looking for lower risk entry for a swing trade. Interested due to the rinse job in gold miners & the huge buy side volume.

Gold line - prior days high.
    upload_2020-3-17_11-8-43.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020