Trading FX futures

Discussion in 'Forex' started by gusmarone, Oct 29, 2008.

1. You are on the right track.
    Google about bucketing.

Any reputable broker, registered with the NFA (they must) will do.

Be aware that currencies are best for long term trends, after a torough macroeconomic analysis.

Be aware that in most currencies (for example the Euro), you are not trading the Euro, nor Europe economics matter.
    You are trading the dollar, and US economy moves all markets.

#21     Nov 1, 2008

2. LOL Good luck with that. Have you read any of the Tradestation broker reviews on this forum?

I wouldn't complain about a bucketshop if you're going to use Tradestation as your futs broker.

Software is fine from what I hear, but not their brokerage service.

#22     Nov 1, 2008
  3. :p

#23     Nov 1, 2008
  4. What a shill!

#24     Nov 1, 2008
  5. Awwww, don't be mean :p

Hey it's not my fault you blew out 4 trading accounts, I told you man, trade demo for a while.....

#25     Nov 1, 2008
  6. I agree with Reaver and Cable,

I made the switch from FX futures and minis, to trading fx with the so called bucketshops! If you know how to trade it will be no problem. Reaver is right I have an account still at tradestation, becuase I do like there charting software. But trading futures with them is worse than any bucket shop. I now found my niche trading off the 15 min charts and just trade intra day and have no problems, for the record I use GFT as my currency broker. I also have a currency account with tradestation who use gain, and I do not like gain but even so I can now make a little money. I am not making huge amounts but I have turned the corner now. I was playing the victim role when I first started trading fx and blamed the shops, but it was me.I dont believe the firms are stop hunting for my measly 5-10 mini lots at a time. My bad trades were all mine not the firms trying to take my money. I am still learning and make the transition from futures to fx. And sometimes I trade the fx futures and let me tell you sometimes those things get spread pretty wide and jump around for no reason when the acutal fx market is being stable. Just my 2 cents

#26     Nov 1, 2008