Trading Futures

Discussion in 'Trading' started by swingtradingman, Jul 11, 2018.

1. True. After digesting the news between 8:30 a.m.EST to 10:00 am.EST, the markets start to move , so I check the charts at 9:00-11:00 a.m. EST , just check each o'clock. And let myself go to sleep before 12:00 a.m EST.
    Traders who living at New York's timezone are much luckier,
    just wake up, check the markets and place orders in the morning ,then check one more time at 5 p.m. , get a normal life.
    Thank you and best wishes to you, too!

#11     Jul 13, 2018
  2. Compared with CFDs ' margin require, it's much lower. On futures I control the risk of every sigle trade between 1% to 3% of the total capital and no more than 3 trades at the same time.

#12     Jul 13, 2018
  3. Something you could consider is to investigate whether some (or all) of the activities can be automated. That would reduce your workload and have a lower impact on your biological clock. The computer can work for you while you are asleep.

#13     Jul 14, 2018
  4. [QUOTE="It is not a question of "if" another 911 occurs, it is a matter of when, and if on wrong side, one's account can and will take huge bite, and no funds to "play another day".[/QUOTE]

True -- but if you go look at weekly and daily charts as of 9/10/2001, you can clearly see the trend was down in a major way. Surprises typically happen in the direction of the trend. Accordingly, by paying attention to the dominant trend, you should reduce the risk on being on the wrong side of things if and when the next "event" occurs.

Accordingly, I found my results have improved trading futures by focusing on the dominant trends, finding low-risk entries, and not trying to capture micro movements. That trend is your friend thing is valid!

#14     Jul 15, 2018
    comagnum and treeman like this.
  5. Necor

Necor

I always feel great when I hear someone talking about his success on the forex market. I would like to advise you to trade for long term as it is a profitable business if you will take it serious. Margin is an entity which needs to be kept in mind. Thanks!

#15     Jul 22, 2018