Trading Futures at Etrade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trance12, Mar 19, 2012.

1. trance12

trance12

Hi,

I'm considering opening a futures account with Etrade and I have a few questions for anyone who has experience using it.

Futures platform - any bugs/issues/instability? If anyone has some screenshots and other comments on the platform that would be great.

Withdrawing funds - can you withdraw via ACH? I ask this because I have a Scottrade account and you can deposit via ACH, but can't ACH out and have to do a wire transfer in order to withdraw (a $20 fee).

Etrade charges a $2.99 per contract commission - which brokers charge a lower commission? (exluding any temporary promotions for free/reduced commissions)

Thanks!

2. miya888

miya888

don't worry about commissions, if you are considering etrade, you are not active enough to have to worry about that, worry about this:

$1 move in crude = $1000 per contract
    10 point move in ES = $500 per contract

a dollar more or less in commissions is the least of your problems at this point. also, all retail platforms are unstable, but again, 99% of your concern should be how you plan to trade not the other superfluous matters, worry about that when you trade 500 cars a day. happy trading :)

3. trance12

trance12

Thanks.

I'm aware of the risks and I'm not planning to trade either of those products but I appreciate the advice.

Anyone has comments on the platform?

4. Welcome:)