Trading Future for a living

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Astrologer, Oct 4, 2006.

1. lite

lite

optioncoach, are you a successful futures trader? how long have you been trading futures? i suppose you prefer options than futures?

#51     Dec 15, 2006
  2. Deflecting the discussion towards me is not helpful since I never made myself the topic of ciscussion.

You said :

"trade stocks on the other hand is relatively safe"

I disagree with this statement.

Arguments can be made for both sides. I have not made a statement which prefers one over the other.

If you really want to know I prefer ALL derivatives over stocks :)(options and futures).

#52     Dec 15, 2006
  3. lite

lite

i just think stock is safer if you don't use margin trading. for beginners it's a good way of getting started. that's just my opinion.

you can decide whichever suits you, as long as you make money. i wish you good luck. happy trading!

#53     Dec 15, 2006
  4. amen, dude....

on that bright note, i traded er2 today for a $670 profit!
    intended to trade the 830 cpi report and did so, only 6 contracts, jumped on a bit late, but still pulled out $390. then traded the open, again only 6 contracts and made another $280 for a grand total of $670 after fees/commissions. the second half was harder, required some waiting, but still pulled it out.

#54     Dec 15, 2006
  5. i could see someone else making 1k or more if trading 10 contracts today and being more experienced than i....

#55     Dec 15, 2006
  6. lite

lite

excellent trading. hope you can maintain that winning streak.

happy trading everyone!

#56     Dec 15, 2006
  7. thanks, dude....

#57     Dec 15, 2006
  8. Your efforts are cool.

since you are pulling the trigger when you want on those exits, consider trying a reversal instead of just exiting.

If the reversal works (because you chose a great exit point) then just ride it until you get that same concrete view again.

If the reversal isn't making any money just wash at one of the first opportunities. I'm sure you can see that if the reverse isn't working that there are wash opportunities.

If you are doing the open; then look at the daily settlement time for funds, etc... (1:15nyse tme) it is a time when the PM strategies have to be set in motion and there is volume just like at the open.

stay loose.....

#58     Dec 15, 2006
  9. thanks for the tips, dude....

#59     Dec 15, 2006
  10. Tfaud
    Nice to se you are successful ( i am happy )
    And ksonsinc i think you are a little scared or dont belive in your self that a person can average $300 to 1K a day with $20 K
    $20K is a lot o fucking dope to play with with $500 margin on a contract for interday day
    My personal goal is to make $2500 a month which people are making in a week just have to have the right set up and proper impinging and yes ER is very good for scaling in and out
    TFAUD what king of commission are u paying if u dont mind me asking and how long did it take u to be profitable are u using any especial charting software :) as u seen i am a new trader the more information is always good

#60     Dec 15, 2006