Trading Fulltime

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Johntrad01, Aug 27, 2019.

1. S-Trader

S-Trader

Thanks, Robert. I remember there was back-n-forth discussion about pro/non-pro fees in at least a couple other threads... and I did remember your Linkedin tip... but I forgot what the definitive answer was re: what you declare for "employment" in your brokerage account.

#21     Aug 31, 2019
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Keep in mind that NYSE/NASDAQ/OPRA have one set of standards while the ICE Futures and CME Futures have another. ICE future have no non-pro option, only pro-market data, The CME has an exemption for some small businesses, so not all LLCs, Trusts, and other entities are subject to pro-market data. They all basically want you to pay pro if you say you are a professional money manager and traders other's money.

#22     Aug 31, 2019
    S-Trader likes this.
  3. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

I am 10 days older than you.:D

#23     Aug 31, 2019
    Robert Morse likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Old man

#24     Aug 31, 2019
    SPX Blaster and Overnight like this.
  5. def

def Sponsor

No, you do not need a job but you have to have income or net worth. If you lie as others suggest, it could come back and bite you down the line. For starters, if we have good reason to believe you are untruthful, your account will have to be closed w/o any notice and little chance to set the record straight. Unemployed is fine or at home trader if that is what you are going to be doing. Of course, when or if you get a job, update your status via account management.

In short, best to answer honestly and accurately.

#25     Sep 1, 2019