Trading from Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by braman09, Apr 9, 2014.

1. westtt

westtt

I don’t care about being exempt just a reduced tax load for initiating trades there possible? Anything under 30% would interest me. There is some language about capital gains tax for non PR resident, US citizens. I just can’t find what what the numbers are and how it works. Seems like everyone focuses on all or nothing. Maybe that’s the only option but I haven’t found anything proving it’s the only option

#41     Oct 7, 2020
  2. As far as I know either you qualfy for Act 60 as an individual in which as there is no Federal Tax on all Capital Gains. Which by definition you are living in the PR. Or if you don't qualify then you are taxed just like everyone else and you will be hit with Federal Capitals gains and then regualar State Tax depending on which State you have your Residence.

#42     Oct 7, 2020
  3. Good to hear from a trader that made the move. I'm looking to make the move to San Juan, PR the 2nd half of the year. I've read the Act 60 application can be complicated. Did you enlist a CPA/law firm to help with the app?

#43     Feb 20, 2021
  4. PR is looking better and better with my tax bill. How's the internet? Where to live for the most stable/fastest internet? I want to live in a newer high rise condo with security, not a house.

#44     Mar 11, 2021