Trading FROM offshore

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JS11374, Jan 14, 2002.

1. graeco

graeco Guest

Commissions charged by canadian brokerage Wolverton Securities.$10k to $50k=.7%.$50k to $200k=.5%.
    One thing,you dont have to borrow a stock to short it.You can short anything anytime.

#61     Jan 29, 2002
  2. graeco

graeco Guest

We have Panama as our tropical tax haven.It has low cost of living and the internet speed we need.Also,very important,it is in a good time zone so we can trade regular hours.Immigration will probably let us stay but require us to periodically leave the country for a day.A weekend trip to Costa Rica will satisfy this requirement.Lastly,we need a corporation or company to sheild us from uncle sam.I bet Panama is as good a place as any to register a company.Anyone know if IB would allow such a company to open an account?

#62     Jan 30, 2002
  3. todd960

todd960

who's your broker? Are you a U.S. citizen?
    TIA

#63     Jan 30, 2002
  4. graeco

graeco Guest

I am a New Zealand citizen.Presently resident in California.My broker is MBT.I also have an account at Harris investor line but I dont recomend them.
    And you?

#64     Jan 30, 2002
  5. Pabst

Pabst

I'm not an expert (though on play one on Elite Trader) but I'm not sure if firms are even required to file 1099's on thier accts. That's why it's important to document those losses, cause the IRS may not even know they exist when it's time for you to write them off.

#65     Jan 30, 2002
  6. todd960

todd960

Graeco.....Are you living in Panama? If so, any nice places for rent on the beach?

#66     Feb 1, 2002
  7. graeco

graeco Guest

I live in California.I have never been to Panama.My "lets see" post was a scenerio.A wish list.Trying to get input.I want info just like you.

PS.Anyone from asia,India or south america reading this thread?

#67     Feb 2, 2002
  8. Funster

Funster

Hallo yous gringos!

Please to bring your lovely Americayn dhollars to my safe and onest country, Panama Adjacento.

I weel personally deliver your monies to our banking man. Fee very small. He buy and sell your stocks no problems.

You also covered by Panama Adjacento cast-iron banking insurance scheem: banking man has promised El Presidento (heez uncle) not to run off with monies, like last time anyway.

Remember: Cigars also very niyce and very cheep here too!!!

Also preety laydies I can get you too! And sheep! Or horses! Whatever your poisons! Anything you wants. Panama Adjacento has it all!

You can cayll me on 1 800 OIL SNAKO

#68     Feb 2, 2002
  9. neo_hr

neo_hr

Lets all move to "Freedomship" and trade from there. No taxes plus we all get to hang out together after trading and get drunk. Hrmmm... sorry but I couldnt resist:)

Alex

#69     Feb 2, 2002
  10. dlu9024

dlu9024

I think you have to pay taxes on trading on US market if you are a US citizen or resident and unless you move your money to some oversea foreign firm. read some articles about evading taxing but not sure how it really works.

One question I have is "does it take much longer for trade execution from Asia trading in US market?" We are talking about seconds execution speed for day trading. really not sure how fast can be either if trading far away from US.

David

#70     Feb 3, 2002