Trading FROM offshore

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JS11374, Jan 14, 2002.

1. UKSteve

UKSteve

So lets have a deal - you buy a company and employ me to work there. :D lol!!!

#31     Jan 16, 2002
  2. Funster

Funster

Are you good at flipping burgers?

:p

#32     Jan 16, 2002
  3. UKSteve

UKSteve

Never tried it but I'm sure I could become the best damn burger flipper in the west................... :p

#33     Jan 16, 2002
  4. JS11374

JS11374

Ha ha... I'll invest in the burger joint - need a place to take the girlfriend right? :D

Anyway, this thread is turning into a thread on legal and immigration issues. But I consider them to be valid here because there are many international investors. In a world stepping towards globlism, it is important for traders to know where to get the best deals - much like shopping around for a good broker.

In any case, is E2 visa an immigrant or non-immigrant visa? I forget.

Funster - forget about coming to the US. the 911 thing is definately making the INS people very anal. Many of my friends who are here as foreign students are getting their cases reviewed although they've been in school for the last 3 or 4 years... it's somewhat overhyped at this point.

Back to topic, - international trading and tax issues. Given that money is not a problem, where is the best place to form a fund? Any thoughts?

#34     Jan 16, 2002
  5. UKSteve

UKSteve

I think you have to decide how much security you want as most nations mentioned have good security for your cash but the trade-off is higher taxes. I am sure you could trade from some country with little or no taxes but your money might not be as safe and your quality of life may suffer.

#35     Jan 16, 2002
  6. compaque

compaque

7. Funster

Funster

I've sent you a private mail, but for the board:

http://www.balticbankinggroup.com/taxhavens/canary.shtml

can give you a good idea. But for more details probably best to hire them or someone else.

One idea I had if my trading ever got really good (for somewhere hot and relatively cheap and safe) was the Canary Islands. If you form a business that is primarily tourism you can put anything you like onto the back of it and have no tax to pay.

Cyprus is a more traditional low tax island (4.25%). A bankers favourite at the moment. Plus UK type laws (as they were 40 years ago - much simpler) so very fair.

For you, even the UK could be a tax haven of sorts. Basically you can set yourself up as a non-domicile, which means everything you earn is tax free as long as offshore - only taxed on what you bring into the country to live on. Much of the population of London is Arabs etc doing just this. We've also got probable muslim terrorists living on government benefits but that is another story!

#37     Jan 16, 2002
  8. jaan

jaan

yes you can:

http://www.fruitsofthesea.demon.co.uk/sealand/

- jaan

#38     Jan 16, 2002
  9. todd960

todd960

The canary islands and cyprus are no longer tax havens. Good old uncle sam has put a choke hold on some favorite tax havens in the carribean. Theirs a loophole in the U.S. tax code. I don'
    t have the specific details, but a citizen living offshore and can prove residence in another country, has their 1st $76,000.00 exempt from taxes. And goes up to something like $80,000.00 next year. Panama is probably the best and most stable country to live and work tax free.

#39     Jan 27, 2002
  10. graeco

graeco Guest

Say you find a tax free haven.It is no good if it doesnt have decent internet speed.Have you ever tried trading from a US hotel room at 26k bps?

#40     Jan 27, 2002