Trading from New Zealand or Australia

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kiwidtrader, Feb 1, 2002.

1. crazy_trader,

I'm a yank, and I am not familiar with tax laws in NZ or Austrailia. Ask Daryl Guppy at http://www.guppytraders.com/ He's a trader and he's familiar with tax laws in NZ and Australia .If he doesn't know, he will send you in the right direction. Tell him Gene Weissman says hello.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#11     Feb 26, 2002
  2. joe90

joe90

No CGT in NZ but there is in Australia.

#12     Feb 27, 2002
  3. def1

def1

kiwitrader,

I've been trading the Hang Seng Index full time for 7 years. It definately is a market that can be day traded. Volume on the futures is usually around 15-20K per day. It is not as deep as the US markets but there is plenty of liquidity. Given the time zone, I'd highly recommend taking a look at it.

As for Australia, I trade that as well and the SPI is very liquid. However, given the lack of volatility in the Aussie market, I think it would be more difficult to day trade. However. that market tends to trend better so maybe it you'd find it easier to pick up a few points.

BTW - I am posting as def1 as user def has been locked out from posting (at this point, I assume by some kind of software error).

#13     Feb 27, 2002
  4. Gene Weissman[Lieber&Weissman]; That Daryl Guppy address did help.Is there anything that Daryl said or wrote that especially helped or confirmed your trading?-------------------------------------I remember Daryl confirmed something i was doing in his unique perspective,in writing.Something like when you use two moving averages,you get two market opinions instead of the usual one opinion............................

#14     Feb 27, 2002
  5. murray t turtle,

I have exchanged some e-mails with Darryl Guppy and I know he is a respected Aussie trader & trainer. He knows the the far east markets, systems & firms. I can't comment on any of his trading or techniques. He does give seminars & lectures from time to time.

The electronic execution systems in Australia & the far east are different than the states, so I don't comment on areas I'm not familiar with. E-mail Darryl Guppy for more information on his courses & trading strategies. He seems to be a short term technically oriented trader . Good Luck.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#15     Feb 27, 2002
  6. Lieber &Gene Weissman; I'll echo some remarks you 've heard before. Thanks for the perspective ,that is from a manager who oversees traders, profit & loss business........................................... :) [Interesting,Daryl's moving average s remarks were delivered to USA readers ,in writing .]

#16     Feb 28, 2002
  7. tuna

tuna

Guppy MMA(multiple moving average)
    I believe its included in Metastock ver 7.2 and up

Mov(C,3,E);
    Mov(C,5,E);
    Mov(C,8,E);
    Mov(C,10,E);
    Mov(C,12,E);
    Mov(C,15,E);
    Mov(C,30,E);
    Mov(C,35,E);
    Mov(C,40,E);
    Mov(C,45,E);
    Mov(C,50,E);
    Mov(C,60,E);

#17     Mar 1, 2002
  8. A coincidence ?? ... :mad: :(

First this:
    "BTW - I am posting as def1 as user def has been locked out from posting (at this point, I assume by some kind of software error)."

Then a few days later:
    "I have been asked not to post and will only respond to inaccurate facts. For now, I will not respond to general questions..."

#18     Mar 4, 2002