Trading from Koh Samui ?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cgjung, May 3, 2006.

#41     May 14, 2006
  2. bl33p

bl33p

Dear Nana please re-read my post you misunderstood everything.

The 90 day cool off period is for applying for a new visa after your old one has expired. When you make a visa run with a multiple entry tourist visa you are not applying for a new visa, you are just using your existing visa.

But try and go to apply for a new visa after you have used up all your entries, no go for 90 days. In Asian Thai embassies they are very strict about this. If your local embassy/consulate lets you flaunt this good for you, but theoretically they are breaking Thai visa rules when doing it.

As a matter of fact you could extend each entry of your 60 day tourist visa additonal 30 days before needing to make the visa run to the border. This would extend your stay up to 270 days per year.

The maximum number of entries is 4 but often only 2 or 3 are given.

#42     May 15, 2006
  3. Now i understand what you meant. I have never checked this before, may be so
    You got to take double entry every time at least, to avoid this kinda problems and new visa hustles again

There are various ways to stay here for upto a year without doing any kind of noticeable investment i know, but i guess most need to go back home every often not byond six months for whatever reasons

#43     May 17, 2006
  4. Flying for first time to samui or krabi on sunday for 2-3 weeks stay to do my diving course there and few days maybe in Kou Tao too

Anyone in samui now? looking for tips on right place to stay, may be main town or not too far from tourist district, i'll be using motorbike

#44     Jun 8, 2006
  5. My reply maybe too late, have been living in Koh Samui for 4 years at Lamai Beach....Please advise...

#45     Jun 21, 2006
  6. They fixed the road there yet? LMAO. It was a ditch when I was last there 8 years ago...

#46     Jun 21, 2006
  7. ...........Yep,......more money than sense has found it's way here.....papered over all the cracks.......Adam, Eve and all her sisters have a way of doing that in any paradise.....global liquidity............ it all ends up piss in the ocean..... :cool: :eek: :( :mad:

#47     Jun 21, 2006
  8. Boracay easily beats Koh Samui for the quality of the beaches, but I doubt the internet connections are that reliable - haven't been for a few years though. How about Cebu? Out of the mosquito belt, reliable weather, rent an appartment in the Hilton Towers or in Citylight gardens or some other place.

Suss

#48     Jun 21, 2006
  9. I got an earlier flight to samui at Don manage airport, so decided not to wait for next 5 hours flight to krabi, actually this is how i end up going to samui

unfortunately had minor accident that had to bandage my arm and knee for 10 days from bike slipping in a rainy day, however I managed to finish my "open water" course (total 4 days) 4 boat dive at sail rock with first day 15-20 meters and second day unfortunately 10 meters visibility only, weather condition sucked for fun diving

I have been to phuket for total 4 months and i can say samui is nicer place for me to live.

Plenty of places from 700 Bhat to 400 Bhat a day, with auto motorcycle for 200 bhat a day down to 125 bhat/monthly. You need one to see this really large island with nearly 400k people living there, still can find plenty of quiet places to stay

There are many waterfalls and pointview restaurant at 500- 600 meters high to have your breakfast. I'll give Both green mango, reggae pub and super subfor their drink price (nam-som and nam-manaoo for 50 Bhat, cheapest in thailand you get), staff friendliness and it's atmosphere a big A++

Samui has also cutest airport i have ever seen, goldensavage, i should say you'r lucky to live there for 4 years now, definitely a paradise to revisit again

Has anyone been to Krabi? well know for best in thailand for it's scenery and laid back lifestyle (much smaller nightlife compare to samui, may be has somthing to do with 40% local muslim thai), read it had 1.4 million visitors last year. They opened first airport this may only

#49     Jul 6, 2006
  10. LMAO. Nothing changes.

Can't believe those places are still in action after all this time...ahh the nostalgia! Used to be a bit of a muddy trek to get to Green Mango etc. IIRC.

Good rock climbing too!

Enjoy.

#50     Jul 6, 2006