trading from home

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bmdro, Jan 26, 2008.

1. You gotta be kidding.

#11     Jan 27, 2008
  2. Amazingly, he's probably not kidding.

8 days of trading...

8 days.

(Ahem).

#12     Jan 27, 2008
  3. okwon

okwon

Oh. Wow. This is funny. :D

OP 8 days is meaningless unless you're doing about 1000 trades a day. Not even worth mentioning. It actually sounds worse if you mention that as a track record.

#13     Jan 27, 2008
  4. Well there are all kinds of people in the world so it is possible that someone may take a chance but....

Most risk managers would not even take a second look at a trader with a short record like yours....

In my old office (retired now) you would be screened out immediately... no question....

Although opinions vary as to what constitutes a significant sample size, many risk managers will want to see at least a years worth of trades....with that kind of record you MIGHT obtain some interest....

I have to tell ya, it don't look promising. When I say this, it is simply a supply and demand issue. There are a lot of folks with good credentials looking for work now...Theres no need for a manager to take a chance on you, and hurt himself professionally if you screw up...

My best advice is wait and develop a more substantial track record, or go with a firm that requires deposit, or if you have an education that applies to this business, try a bigger firm looking for an entry level position that you can use to transition into trading.....

Good luck

#14     Jan 27, 2008
  5. bmdro

bmdro

8 days as a full time trader.
    I trade for few years now, but not at full time.
    Anyway, thank you for your posts, I got the message.

#15     Jan 27, 2008
  6. There's no rush and the market will be here tomorrow.

Therefore, keep trading and by this time next year if you're still doing good...

You most likely won't need to find someone to take a chance on you because you would have built up your own trading account.

Mark

#16     Jan 27, 2008
  7. ammo

ammo

u could try clerking for traders or brokers in montreal,they would pay u to learn and when they think you are sharp enuf that they can profit,they'll back you

#17     Jan 27, 2008
  8. okwon

okwon

One other thing. Do you have to trade from home? Your chances would increase greatly if you were willing to go into an office. I know there are some futures shops in Montreal. I'm not saying you're chances would be good, just better than trying to find a remote backed deal. Experienced traders with verifiable significant track records have a hard time finding backed deals from home.

#18     Jan 27, 2008
  9. bmdro

bmdro

yes, I have to trade from home.
    I decided to put a collateral with a prop firm, I just don't know with which one....

#19     Jan 28, 2008