trading from China

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by carteblanche, Mar 11, 2013.

1. HI there interested to know if anyone is trading from China back to an outside clearer ( non Chinese based) ie ABN or similar and using TT for execution.

Any issues to know of would be appreciated .

Cheers

2. Scammers Hold Brothers have a whole team of local slave traders working on US stocks from China. They surely know issues.

3. Where in China?

Why would you trade from China instead of hkG?

4. daku

daku

Many slave traders for Tower Hill people in India as well....

5. I know a guy who bought 1 house in Detroit. Why Detroit and not San Francisco? d'uh.....

poor people!!!!

6. I used to live in China for six years while having IB as broker - they have something called "Asia Gateway" to overcome the Great Firewall of China. Worked fine, but was down one day which caused me $1,000 in loss... :(

7. mokwit

mokwit

Read somewhere that Tradestation does not work in China due to the great firewall - I think it was a situation where TS regards a connection as dead with 40ms non response

8. Sounds very plausible to me!

9. luisHK

luisHK

Coz environment is better and life much cheaper to begin with ( at least over the HK border ) ?

No idea about TT but one can trade IB TWS from China. I experienced poor internet connections but it should be better with a private connection.

Quantwizard, where did you stay in China and do you speak mandarin ? It's pretty hard to go around with only western lingos, especially out of the expats districts but also there ime.

10. Interesting thread as I am currently travelling in China and I have used TradeStation to place trades since Monday. I can say definitely that TradeStation does work in China, however, there is about 1 second delay between placing the order (hit the send button) and seeing the order appear on the Matrix (meaning the order gets to the TS server I suppose) and the real time data for the Matrix and charts are also about 1 second delayed. However, once an order is parked in server, the execution is NOT delayed. This means order can get executed before I even see the price printed. I experienced this a couple of times when I trade the fast moving CL.

#10     May 10, 2013