Trading from and Office or at home??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by gimp570, Sep 19, 2007.

Do you trade from an office or from home???

1. Trading from home and happy!

66 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Trading from an office and happy!

19 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Trading from home but would like to be in a office with others

18 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Trading from home but would like to rent office space just to get out of house

14 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. To the comment about trading at sbux. I abhor trading on my laptop. It's the difference between a BMW and a Geo Metro. I like having my array of monitors, so I can detect the nuances of the market by sight. I often miss things on my laptop.

#11     Sep 19, 2007
  2. great post...!!!...yea

#12     Sep 19, 2007
  3. If you trade in a prop office, there is always some hideous troll type who will try to leech off you as if it's some kind of entitlement to their race.

#13     Sep 19, 2007
  4. I used to abhor trading off the laptop, but IF you like to travel IT is awesome. We can particpate in the market while on the road - so its the best of both worlds. This year, however I have automated most all of my trading, so IT is just super to trade off 1 laptop at SBUX (for instance) and trade 5+ accounts - only 14.1 inch screen. I am trading more, off this 1 laptop than I did years ago WHILE staring at 8 monitors from the PC in the office.

Basically my Geo Metro does 0-60 in 4.3 sec. LOL. Just having fun!

Patrick

#14     Sep 19, 2007
  5. are you trading the ES?

#15     Sep 19, 2007
  6. the trend has changed over the years, everyone use to pack into the offices during the big bull run, now most offices have many seats open, more people just find it easier to trade remote , low cost, no commute, no distractions, that can't be controlled anyway. hit your profit goal for the day & go do something or someone you like, no reason to sit & stare at a computer screen all day.. money is freedom, enjoy what trading is all about.. if your making money you will not be bored unless you want to.. being a self-employed trader has its rewards if you learn how to appreciate it . we all should have a balance between work & play..

#16     Sep 19, 2007
  7. yea, the ES and the "ES 1 point reality"...yea!!!!

#17     Sep 19, 2007
  8. Yeah, I currently trade from home now, but I also work and get out pretty often. But as the trading gets better, and I move on from the job (and to a bigger apt.) I'll have to make a point of definitely getting out on a regular routine, it's very easy to get into a habit of trad'in and chill'in, but that can lead to too much seclusion, one of the major pitfalls of trading.

Pets sound good, maybe a couple of cats will do me right.

Good trading,

JJ

#18     Sep 19, 2007
  9. only trade the ES as a hedge, IF I need to per AM fills!

#19     Sep 19, 2007
  10. JJ.. or you can get a extra 2 legged female to occupy your time, we have to enjoy our time as much as possible. lol..

#20     Sep 19, 2007