Trading from a tethered laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pekelo, Jan 16, 2018.

1. 7Mbps? Vorizon am Lucky to get 3Mbps Fronter is ISP land line and only get 0.50 Mbps

#11     Jan 19, 2018
  2. JackRab

JackRab

7Mbps? :wtf: Shit... I thought I lived rural-ish... I'm doing 100+

Definitely don't do any algo stuff on that... what's the latency? Ping?

#12     Jan 21, 2018
  3. Here is my cable and verizon phone hotspot pic

#13     Jan 21, 2018
  4. volente_00

volente_00

What kind of ping, download and upload speeds are you getting ?

I have traded ES off iPhone and tethered to laptop over the years but prefer high speed cable isp and have had a good experience. Do you have a back up cell service if your current one goes down ? I've compared my primary cable isp to cellular performance on the dom but can't tell much difference in quote updating or execution but there is a cell tower within 1000 ft of my residence and my cellular speed is frequently 80-120 mb/s

Get the Speedtest app and see what results you are getting.

#14     Jan 29, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Last day of the vacation so it is not that important anymore. I actually got 11 Mbps download speeds in the rental. Yes, I had back up, the public library. :)

(for comparison, the library's speed is only 3 Mbps)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    #15     Jan 30, 2018
  6. The same question was already asked there anyway. So it was something like that, I hope you really using something like wi-fi on your phone or at least 4G for that stable signal, if you are out of other options - that one could work in travel or so. Otherwise - Home PC:)

#16     May 23, 2019
  7. The Wi-Fi hotspot feature lets you share your mobile device's data connection with other devices by turning your device into a wireless access point.

#17     May 23, 2019