trading from a foreign country

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by blackguard, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Xoom. Do u trade the eminis?

#11     Oct 29, 2003
  2. At this time, You can trade equities on Nasdaq, NYSE, & AMEX on all 4 of our platforms. We hope to release a platform for futures by the end of the this year or early next year. I can guarantee that our commissions will be competitive along with an exclusive deal for ET Futures traders.

#12     Oct 29, 2003
  3. ok xoom, I will check it out. TY 4 the info.

#13     Oct 29, 2003
  4. simsim

simsim

I have friends who are doing trading from the far flung areas in Asia. two things to consider are.

1. technical (internet speed available) , if you dont have good conection then forget the power trading tools.

2. Banking ( wiring funds in and out is always a hassle) and wire is the only way I would suggest, cheques no way.

and if you are not a us citizen then u need to file a w-8 form with your application, u need to research on the tax filin process, and based on your country's pact with the US/irs. for US citizen there is another process.

to start with I would suggest e-trade/ ameritrade / scot trade, because if you dont trade u dont pay any fees ( depending on the minimum limit ) Pl read the fine line before signing ( different price for Mkt order and Limit order), But it depends on how many trades u plan to do.

so do your home work before jumping in.

#14     Oct 30, 2003
  5. Velocity Futures, allows u to do it anywhere in the world. And you can trade from one account almost anything.

#15     Oct 30, 2003
  6. What do you mean by far flung areas in Asia? Where
    is that place? I have been to most Asian and even Middle
    eastern countries and can say technology is so advanced
    with some countries like Japan, hongkong, Taiwan, S.Korea,
    Thailand, singapore, China,...

I used to trade from my hotel rooms with in-room DSL
    real fast and sending wire to USA is a 5 minute jobe only,
    unless you friend is living in place like Laos, Myanmar, mongolia, ... my apology

#16     Oct 30, 2003
  7. Good idea.

#17     Oct 30, 2003
  8. some brokers will not open accounts for non-US residents, or only have a few selected countries which they are willing to work with.

One example is MB Trading. They'll only work with US, Canada and a couple of other countries.

Don't believe me? Ask them.

Just ask your broker if he accepts clients from your country. IB surely does

Good trading

#18     Oct 31, 2003
  9. K.C.

K.C.

and Canada

#19     Oct 31, 2003
  10. DOES ANYONE know IF Generic facilitates opening an account by a non US resident, from like SOuth America or Israel??

#20     Oct 31, 2003