Trading forum conundrum

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by illiquid, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Ok fine, minus-sum and putting food on our brokers' tables -- let us dream a while, will ya? :)

#11     Jan 20, 2006
  2. Suppose you post your complete trading method: setups, money management, stops, brokerage company, hardware/software. 99% of traders couldn't make money with it anyway. Most traders don't have the discipline to follow a method or control their emotions. Any kind of small drawdown would shake them out of the method or cause them to start tinkering with it on the fly.

#12     Jan 23, 2006
  3. As of late, because CPU on my pc is always maxed, I cannot load up charts and have to trade without them: What u see on charts is what u see on price; and it's more the case if u trade the open, where charts are useless (hoping of course u can remember what happened 5min earlier).
    Charts don't help u make better decision, most of the times it's just the opposite, too much noise, and useless indicators. Try it out, look at L1 and base your trade decisions only on price action, things might improve for u.

#13     Jan 23, 2006

4. U are partly right here, but it has been discussed already and many of the points made (look at ym thread) gave me a change of heart: the majority of traders are not willing to trade your ideas because either don't believe u or they are too lazy or skeptical, and even if they would, sure they are not trading the same products and could not copy your strategy, but integrate in theirs with plenty of differences and that prolly won't affect or weaken your edge at all.

My opinion, of course.

#14     Jan 23, 2006
  5. I trade YM, or try to, I have direct prices from IB, is this L1?
    You are saying just watch the bid/ask and base my decisions off that ? This is what would be called tape reading ?

Thanks

#15     Jan 25, 2006
  6. I will give and help a trader if they ask without regards on other shit.

While this does not mean I would give away the farm, I would explain things in detail on how things work.

The problem with unsuccessful humans/businessmen these days are they are incredibly selfish.

What they do not know is, the more they give the more they get back.

The mentees I have taught in business have made me much more money then what I have given them. The arising opportunities and the thought process are invaluable compared to giving out "advice".

I attribute a huge part of my net worth due to the fact I was willing to take my time and help out anybody who requested and in return have opened my eyes on million dollar opportunities I would not have encountered if I was sitting alone huddling in my basement like a gnome thinking I had the keys to the magic door.

Thats why I get to talk shit now anytime anywhere. :D

#16     Jan 25, 2006