Trading Forex using Ensign Software

Discussion in 'Forex' started by maxinger, Nov 19, 2009.

1. wex65

wex65

OK, I tried with two posts to side step you infantile insults, to no avail.

Read the thread. I tried to keep things civil. You resorted to insults and the term moronic. This is indicative or a lower intellect and an inability to reason through matters like an intelligent adult.

My comprehension issues arose when you used "nastertions" as a word. Learn to communicate and things will likely run more smoothly. In some ways I blame myself. Your first reply used "lol" and emoticons. These should have been my first warning that I was dealing with a web trader.

Your posts are indeed self explanatory. You are typical of the residents of online forums that try to belittle others through 'supposed' superiority. This time it failed.

I will leave you to your little world here and return to mine.

As long as traders like yourself continue to pay people for the indicators you posted above people like Larry will prosper.

Outta here...

Regards,

#11     Dec 6, 2009

2. As long as traders like yourself continue to form misguided opinions about 'indicators' which they quite obviously know absolutely nothing about, and quite evidently are too conceited to learn about, you'll continue to spout mindless drivel and make a fool of yourself.

Anyway cheerio then, thanks for dropping by, here's your leaving present..... LOL :p :) :D :eek: LOL :p :) :D :eek:

#12     Dec 6, 2009
  3. You guys keep using them big words and the "hits" on this site are gonna drop:mad:

#13     Dec 6, 2009
  4. I think it was nastertions that did it! :p

#14     Dec 6, 2009
  5. i've never used the AG's 'Seasonals' tool beyond trying it to see what it does but thought
    i'd do one - not sure correctly ! - for the eurusd 60min chart, will post another chart at the
    end of the week to see how it does

Advanced GET's 'Seasonals' 'General Description' - from AG Help:
    "Seasonals are created by taking the pattern of an issue over a set period of time
    (usually Jan 1 of any given year to De 31 of the same year), and then taking that pattern
    and averaging that pattern with the pattern of other years. Seasonals can be very helpful
    in indicating the overall historical market movement for a certain time of year.
    "The market is usually in one of two states. The first state is when the market is following
    the seasonal pattern. If the market is not in that state, the market is usually following the
    inverted seasonal pattern. These two states are easily distinguished by simply looking at
    the bar chart and comparing the pattern of the market with the seasonal pattern. The pattern
    can give you a good idea of the pattern the market will continue to follow in the near future."

#15     Dec 6, 2009
  6. I think it might be slightly different to Ensign/Pesavento/Foresight, they all advise 2 minute bar charts.

On AG's Seasonals does it 'predict' actual price or (like Pesavento) just direction and probable turning points?

#16     Dec 7, 2009
  7. i'm using AG 7.6 148 which is the eod version - Daily data only, but collecting data
    from mt4 via an indicator that converts all timeframes into dates without time, so can
    import/display intraday data. generally Seasonals is only used for Daily or was until
    the realtime version of AG was introduced; there is an example in the AG manual
    that seems to show Seasonal works. AG 7.6 148 has a copyright date of 2000 and
    i wonder if Pesavento reverse engineered AG to find the Seasonals algos/code since
    i know of no other charting program that has this prediction feature, tho 'seasonal'
    patterns is well known particularly in agricultural futures price prediction

what you see on the chart is what you get, i've had to replace the original chart with
    the one attached, Seasonals has been Inverted since we know the price is declining

also have an Ellipse on the chart which is another prediction indicator that can be very
    accurate - more could be drawn for additional targets; i'm surprised and dissapointed
    that no one's tried to duplicate it since it's so accurate, it's based on fibo price/time
    projections and the blue Ellipse is dynamic - it'll move as the price progresses and the
    Ellipse target is hit or the price passes it
    the MOB is a pivot point indicator and will also move a little tho isn't as versatile as the
    Ellipse which uses any points not just AG generated pivot points

• s 60.png
      File size:
      18.2 KB
      Views:
    #17     Dec 8, 2009
  8. Thanks for posting the charts, did you notice there are some interesting ratios on that Seasonals prediction line?

I guess you could accept the logic behind seasonal analysis for agriculture, and seasonal demand for energy, but unless these cycles actually exist how could it 'work' on forex, yet it does.

I had a link to an in-depth article about the composition of the Pesavento Map (aka ForesightAI/Ensign Map), I'll see if I can find it again (it's here...somewhere!)

I came across this thread, it's a few years old now but it seems they had some interesting results....

Comments noted about Fibonacci Ellipse, I had trouble getting a handle on it myself, maybe worthy of another look?

#18     Dec 8, 2009
  9. here's the before/after of the 60m eurusd

• sba.pdf
      File size:
      78.1 KB
      Views:
    #19     Dec 11, 2009
  10. i've taken the liberty of attaching this chart which illustrates the Ellipse and MOB
    on a much compressed 4H chart of the eurusd

the fibo on the chart goes some way in demonstrating that the Ellipse
    is based on fibo ratios, not sure about the MOB, although i haven't placed
    a fibo time indicator on the chart which would also correlate with the Ellipses

not that i'm a coder but it surprises me no one has tried to code something
    similar for mt4, or Ensign for that matter

a note: the lower MOB has a black top left hand corner which indicates
    that the MOB should be re-applied since the target area - black
    vertical lines will change as the price progresses

#20     Dec 11, 2009