Trading FOREX for a living - my strategy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by doktor3, Oct 23, 2012.

1. doktor3

doktor3

Yes thats my goal on LIVE account....on demo im trading with more risk:)

#31     Nov 29, 2012
  2. You might run into trouble if you treat your demo account differently than your live account.

#32     Nov 29, 2012
  3. doktor3

doktor3

Hmmm ill threat it the same way....just less risk on live account. How can that be any bad:) ?

#33     Nov 29, 2012

4. ..... and therein lies the problem

#34     Nov 30, 2012
  5. He is doing better than any of you. If you don't have a statement to show, then quit trying to teach him what to do.

#35     Nov 30, 2012
  6. Anyone who can't show a better performance than you, is not qualified to tell you what to do. You are doing a great job!

#36     Nov 30, 2012
  7. Treating the same means not changing ANY variables. Reducing risk is changing a variable.

#37     Nov 30, 2012
  8. doktor3

doktor3

Thx for the support man!

Dont worry i dont pay attention to negative comments anyway...i explained from the start that this is just a demo account and im trying to see if my strategy works on demo. If it does and i manage to double the account ill go trading live.

And those people who are telling me that live trading is way harder then demo are probably just giving me a good advice. I heard that one from many sucessfull traders so lets see how it goes.

I did few more trades today...and this is a result after 200 trades...

[​IMG]

#38     Nov 30, 2012
  9. doktor3

doktor3

True that but this only means there is less risk, less profit and less drawdown. Steady growth should not change...only the speed of growth, right?
    I dont really care how fast account is growing as long as strategy works (meaning i have the edge) and im able to be consistent.

#39     Nov 30, 2012
  10. "Successful" traders? You mean people who gave you advice are successful?? People on forums are quick to judge and offer advice, often repeating the same mantras of some safe trading rules and money management guidelines, which seriously, why isn't anyone profitable yet?

Do what you do and unless someone showed a myfxbook or MT4 statement, they are just ego building experts and wisemen. You will hear one or two said they are fund managers or work for UBS or work for Deutche Bank. You are the only one who showed us your statements openly.

You still think they are successful traders?

#40     Nov 30, 2012