Trading FOREX for a living - my strategy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by doktor3, Oct 23, 2012.

1. elitedemotrader.com

#21     Nov 22, 2012
  2. doktor3

doktor3

By observing price action. Lower highs and lower lows rapresent downtrend...and different for uptrend. Looking at chart on trading timeframe is all that matters...look left side of the screen and compare to right side. If it is raising or falling. In case there are 4 swings but no HH or LL then its a range market :)

#22     Nov 22, 2012
  3. doktor3

doktor3

AFTER WEEK 9

[​IMG]

This is probably the latest update as i will start trading on live account next week

#23     Nov 29, 2012
  4. This.

#24     Nov 29, 2012
  5. laugh if you want. That paper account has never made me a dime but it has saved my ass many times.

My favorite is put it on in paper

Until you reach the point where, "Nothing can possibly be this bad."

And then put it on for real

#25     Nov 29, 2012
  6. It's not just that he's demo trading, he's running an EA that only works by exploiting bad quality (slow) broker quote feeds, so it simply won't work on a live account on any decent broker.

It's just latency arb. Most brokers with shitty feeds that execute this strategy live will just close the account and only refund the initial deposit.

Unlike actual arbitrage, the broker can't open an offsetting trade fast enough in the real market for the client, and is at a loss for the difference. In the end, it only harms the retail market by making brokers more expensive and worsening conditions (market spikes, your stop order is triggered, but the broker has trouble filling your order quickly because they instantly get flooded with a bunch of latency arb EAs trying to slip orders in quickly on what they think is a delayed quote.)

So really, since it doesn't work with any decent broker, and he's posting his demo statements for no real reason (it's not like he's journaling his discretionary trade performance to help improve his ability here,) I'm putting my money on him trying to sell the EA to others who think it's a cash cow... which is really the only way for him to make money off it now that brokers quickly identify such activity and kill the account.

I expect he'll be giving a pitch soon, or request PMs from people who are interested... all this account statement posting is just to build up interest.

This sort of shit frustrates me.

(wait for it, a sock puppet will soon be here to praise his trading ability and EA)

#26     Nov 29, 2012
  7. doktor3

doktor3

1) im not running and EA. Im demo trading on account. Please read the first post in the topic.

2) I explained im news trader and earn my money by news trading but that has NOTHING to do with this demo trading here. Here im trying to find out if its possible to beat the markets by trading price action and not just by latency.

#27     Nov 29, 2012
  8. Oh, if that's the case, I misread. My bad.

I'd suggest you try out MyFXBook to capture/publish your demo trading, it does a great job at account analytics and we could follow your stats more closely.

#28     Nov 29, 2012
  9. doktor3

doktor3

Its basically the same statistics you can see on mt4 report.

[​IMG]

#29     Nov 29, 2012
  10. I like how you said your goal is 2-4% per month but you were up 30% after 3 weeks :D

#30     Nov 29, 2012