trading forex and futures same platform?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by view_view, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Yes They Do.

#21     Mar 16, 2007
  2. Do u have any broker who i can contact directly and get my account setup? Anyone u know off there? Kindly PM

#22     Mar 16, 2007
  3. I did all my applications Online.

Dont know anyone personally. SO long as they allow me to transfer cash in and out, I never need to speak to anyone....

#23     Mar 16, 2007
  4. Its strange because from what i heard futures trading needs a clearing firm to hold the funds while forex brokers dont need a clearing fund. Still how are they managing to let u trade with forex and futures with same funds. I have been ripped by a broker once so thats why asking. Any tech suggestions or insights how this all takes place would be useful.

#24     Mar 16, 2007
  5. Click this link and find out all you need to know.....

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/universalAccount.php

Note this statement: The IB Universal Account allows you to trade multiple products around the world from a single account. You can trade stocks, options, futures, Forex, and bonds all from the same Trader Workstation screen, and your transaction history and positions are all reported on a single statement.

#25     Mar 16, 2007
  6. I just talked to IB , they say its possible but once u are short EC futures and LONG EURUSD, and the price moves against ur short, the profits gained in ur forex trade wont effect the margin requirements of EC if u are about to get a margin call. Maybe I heard it wrong but thats what i got. Technically if its a universal account with funds at the same area, appreciation of ur gains should effect the overall account which in return can be used to meet up ur lossing trades. I need to do more research.

#26     Mar 16, 2007
  7. MB Trading seems to ofer a universal account as well. No idea if they are any good or not.

EDIT: Nevermind, on second look it seems that the Universal account trades everything except Forex and that Forex uses the same platform but a different account. You might do more checking to confirm though.

#27     Mar 16, 2007
  8. Interesting ideas, thanks for sharing!

#28     Mar 17, 2007