Trading For Those With a Diagnosed Mental Illness

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by psytrade, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Hey...What about me me me .....

#11     Dec 23, 2004
  2. The jury is still out on you. :p

#12     Dec 23, 2004
  3. focused in the last 2 yrs as some of
    my friends and family have been
    dealing with mental illness , physical
    issues , dementia and even death
    in their family

it takes a toll on you for sure

:(

#13     Dec 24, 2004
  4. Hello Seth:
    I am sorry to hear that this has touched your family. Although I cannot know how you feel, my father died a couple of weeks ago. He suffered from Alzheimers disease. During this time, I found that I had difficulty focusing on my work, so much so that I had to stop for a while and try to gather myself together again. I think there is little that we can do, but try to obtain some comfort from our faith, our friends and neighbors. In some instances, you may want to look for help from a professional counselor. I am hopeful that time does indeed heal us from these wounds. Take Care. Lefty

#14     Dec 24, 2004
  5. First you need to have yourself under control. Too much to one side and you will make stupid decisions. Take a break if things aren't going your way.

You know when you are centered and ready for action and hopefully you know when you are not. Avoid those times and works you ass off when you hot.

Some of the greatest traders to ever live were "bi" so dont use it as an excuse, use it to your advantage. You will have more mental power than anyone and able to watch all markets at the same time. (be it for a short while) then take a break until you are ready to go at it again. - Always keep emotions out of it.

Hope that helps.

#15     Nov 15, 2007
  6. buybig

buybig

SSRI's are my friend

#16     Nov 15, 2007