Trading for someone else

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Bluegar3, Nov 12, 2006.

1. I would like to thank everyone who has answered my questions. Never would I imagine that I could post something and 24 hours last have about 30 or so reponses.

I'm sorry if this has been posted, or is posted in the wrong forum, but I see there are really (2) options to trade. You can trade for youself at a prop firm, or go to a hedge fund and trade for them. Looking through all the posted I have learned a lot about prop firms but how do I learn more about trading for someone else on their dime?

I did a google search on Hedge Funds and really didn't find any website that had a "Career" link. Also I went monster.com and did a search for hedge funds in PHX, AZ and didn't find anything either.

How would I find more information on becoming an employee at a hedge fund and learning what that entails?

Thanks

2. Hedgefunds aren't going to hire you as a trader unless you have serious experience; they're not going to train you on their investors' dime so you can go run off and start a competing fund.

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Also you left out of the 3rd choice, you can trade for yourself at home.

4. Pink Bunny...

So what are the options about learning how to trade other than learning yourself or going to a prop firm. Is there a company who will pick you up and teach you?

Thanks