Trading for profit a fools game?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jwecme, Jul 9, 2006.

1. A correction, please. You don't "make money consistently trading". You "make money trading consistently".

#41     Jul 9, 2006
  2. put a comma in the right place...and you can add millions...

#42     Jul 9, 2006
  3. So....after reading the posts of this thread I guess the general consensus would be that come next Thursday morning only Tiger, Phil, V.J., and a few others should bother to tee it up. Only the Jordans of basketball should show up on game day. Point is, and I think you're all smart enough to get it, is there are a shitload of people making a living doing something they enjoy and they have absolutey zero chance of being the superstars.
    It's all realitive regarding money. You don't need to be a high six figure trader to be successful. What you need, is to practice the same money management in your personal life as you do in your trading. Don't trade like you have 500K when you only have 50K, and don't live like you make 500K when you only make 50K.
    You want to be happy in life?....Then quit comparing yourself to the few, and start comparing yourself to the many. :D

#43     Jul 9, 2006
  4. I could not have said it better.

What car do you drive?

#44     Jul 9, 2006
  5. I could make argument about the "zero chance" statement, but the gist is correct... It's all relative.

Nowadays, it's all about the pursuit of things that make me/us happy. The pursuit of superstardom (and all the accoutrements) isn't important, although the thoughts are not dead... it's all relative.

Good post captain.

Osorico
    If you say so, and believe what you say, than it is so.

#45     Jul 9, 2006
  6. Love is blind.

I'm single right now. I started trading at 19, and I tell close friends that I dont want to get married or even have a girl friend, because I know what that will mean for my trading future..(down the toilet).

If I did ever start a family, I'd ONLY do it knowing that the wife's job would be able to support us until I became consistently profitable.

- Nathan

#46     Jul 9, 2006
  7. Casey30

Casey30

I guess it is all about finding the right girl...My girlfriend fully supported me in trading since I started 6 years ago. I had gone from making nearly nothing(50k/yr) to making great money in about three years and have been doing consistently well for the last three years.

I work with several traders who have done well also. We have all worked hard to get where we are. I can see them earning much more in a caouple years then they do today.

I never entered trading to pull 40k/yr out of the market. I worked hard to get past that point and I continue to work hard to grow further. The sky is the limit. I think people limit themselves too much.

It truly is about hard work and persistence, and most people don't have either. I think most have been taught in life to look for the short cut to success. The "5-minute" solution, that just does not work in trading. That is why people think trading is impossible, because a lack of those attributes as well as many other attributes.

#47     Jul 9, 2006
  8. I drive a pick-up truck, which I'm sure will amuse some and make others grateful.:D

#48     Jul 9, 2006
  9. TGM

TGM

98% of all Fat people that lose weight ----gain it ALL back.

Look at the bright side. Traders get sweeter odds than Fat people. The glass is either half empty or half full. You decide.

Ok, all Fat traders sound off.

#49     Jul 9, 2006
  10. If you can figure out what the crowd is doing and go the opposite, you can make money in trading.

End of story.

#50     Jul 9, 2006