Trading for profit a fools game?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jwecme, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Agree. And this is no different than working for someone else. One day you may find the company is trimming staff and you're it, your job has been out-sourced, the company is taken over and your department is no longer needed, they filed BK, the boss doesn't like you (anymore), you get demoted to mail-room, there will be no gold watch for retirees any longer; company pension plan is under funded, etc etc etc.

Keep thinking and stay on your toes.

Osorico

#31     Jul 9, 2006
  2. I completely agree, just can't seem to convince the wife :)

#32     Jul 9, 2006
  3. Perfect.

I was about to say, he wanted her (and everything that comes with marriage) A LOT MORE than he wanted to be a trader. Can't say it's a bad trade-off myself (I mean, being a successful trader AND having a family is pretty much as close to "having your cake and eating it too" as you can get), and not EVERYONE can expect to get those dibs (one can hope though).

It's not totally over for'em, he can trade options, he can create (if he is ego driven) or buy off the shelf (if he just wants to make cash) a mechanical system and get pretty good results from it.

Ultimately, this and other posts prove without a doubt that trading definitely is NOT a fools game. One thing's for sure, you have better odds of winning at it than if you were trying to make money doing this:

http://www.slate.com/id/2144866

Jimmy

P.S. Got the url from Electric. Just can't resist posting it, everytime I look at it I realize how much easier we have it in this game, than he has it in his.:)

#33     Jul 9, 2006
  4. Cesko

Cesko

You are right, it's impossible to make money trading. Please tell as many people as possible.

#34     Jul 9, 2006
  5. JJ,

You crack me up sometimes...:) Here was the FULL context of the thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72406

#35     Jul 9, 2006
  6. Probably Yes, I would guess for the above question! :D

#37     Jul 9, 2006
  7. So, the answer seems also Yes! :D

#38     Jul 9, 2006
  8. Good answer indeed! :)

#39     Jul 9, 2006
  9. Amen!