Trading For Living - S&P 500 Market.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trading4Living, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Thanks for posting! I got that as well! I thought maybe I had missed something! I watched the yahoo sight and didn't see the adv get to 3000+ so I skipped my entry.

#311     Sep 3, 2008
  2. Lucky you:D

#312     Sep 3, 2008
  3. DonKee

DonKee

Try $ISSU symbol on qcharts...5 minutes...candlestick.

It is the same chart that Becky posted with different numbers on the x axis. You can go to qcharts.com and plug it in for free.

It looks like $issu combines nyse advances/declines/unchanged to get its' value.

#313     Sep 3, 2008
  4. DonKee

DonKee

I forgot to add that on page 17 of this thread becky posted the following:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "So if it moved that big within the first 30 mins (most of the time it happens in 15 mins) it means that the market is most probably will trend this day upwards.. so I get in early based on the price action.. ofcourse the price must move in the same direction as the advdec.. so if advdec hits the +6000 level withing the first 30 minsplus price action confirmed I get in and get my 2 points early in the day.

vice versa if it reach -6000 level this time I go short for 2 points."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6,000.....3,000. Becky, you can see why people get confused. 6,000 and 3,000 are different values.

#314     Sep 3, 2008
  5. Numbers on my chart change from time to time 2 years a go it used to be +1000 or -1000 then they changed something dunno what it is and I change my setups with it.

#315     Sep 3, 2008
  6. bh_prop

bh_prop

Ever consider using ratios instead of outright levels? Ratios are self-adaptive to the continually changing number of issues.

#316     Sep 3, 2008
  7. TRIN is a ratio of ratios

trin = (Advs/decliners) / (uvol/dvol)

problem is, you get one stock that is up on huge turnover represents only 1 additional advancer but skews divisor.

straight ratio of advancers to decliners should produce a line very similar to just and advance decline line in terms of the way it moves.

advance decline line is just advancers - decliners

attached is 2 minute ES chart.

in first subplot is advancers minus decliners

in second sub-plot is advancers divided by decliners.

advantage of ratio would be specific nominal levels (for consistency)

#317     Sep 3, 2008
  8. Spxdes

Spxdes

Trading4Living,

First I would like to thank you for sharing your strategy and trades. Nice work!

Have you ever considered how your strategy is affected when the market gaps up/down like it did yesterday? Have you looked back at your previous trades when a similar event occurred? It seems to me that these days would not work as often since gaps like yesterday, in my experience, tend to revert back to the previous day's close. Just a thought!

Thanks again!

#318     Sep 3, 2008
  9. Yep, actually I knew it's was a risky trade that day the price moved over 20 points from 3:30 am till the open 9:30 a strong drop was expected I just thought I could get in and make my 2 points fast actually I was 1 tick a way from my profits but it just didn't happen :)

#319     Sep 3, 2008
  10. And why would there not be a potential sell trade today? ...A/D appeared to be in excess of -3000.

#320     Sep 4, 2008