Trading For Living - S&P 500 Market.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trading4Living, Jun 29, 2008.

1. DonKee

DonKee

If this is the a/d indicator that Becky is referencing then it's pretty simple:

If there are about 900 more advancers than decliners or about 900 more decliners than advancers than she gets her signal.

Simple, no chart needed for this....just look at the adv and dec.

When she posts her chart of this adv/dec with times and dates someone will duplicate it or if she has the symbol for e-sig.

#301     Sep 2, 2008
  2. Yes, Don,
    totally agree.

#302     Sep 2, 2008
  3. Here is a screen shot of the advdec that I use. +/- 3000 is a significant sign although I wait for a minimum of +/- 2000 to get in a trade if lower than +/- 2000 I just pass.

I hope this helps!

#303     Sep 2, 2008
  4. I looked at the lines generated by the formula I posted (A-D/A+D)*10000 compared to the chart posted by trade4.

the lines generated by the formula mimic the movement of the chart posted, but values are quite different.

ad line produces the same similar peaks and troughs

#304     Sep 3, 2008
  5. Hey vertigo, I actually implemented your proposed formula in my own real-time app and I do find it useful.

As far as calibrating this against what the OP is looking at, I'm still scratching my head. My peak readings yesterday just after market open were in the 5600 range. The corresponding time on the OP's chart is around 2500.

I don't recall the OP saying what charting service this is coming from (eSignal? QCharts?)

#305     Sep 3, 2008
  6. it was Esignal, I am not sure what the ticker symbol used for the AD indicator is.

nominal price levels may differ, but really the position of the lines is very similar.

anyone with Esignal know what the ticker used to get the AD indicator?
    Is there a reference in Esignal that explains the formula used?

#306     Sep 3, 2008
  7. I believe the OP has stated that she uses Qcharts and the Advance/Decline Issues as an indicator.

#307     Sep 3, 2008
  8. MiniDowtrader,
    does Qcharts provide it's own generated data or is it a front end for charting data from a service like Esignal.

#308     Sep 3, 2008
  9. DonKee

DonKee

Didn't e-sig buy qcharts a few years ago?

I thought Becky said she takes a signal when her adv/dec indicator exceeds 3,000? I don't see it above 3.000 on her chart from Tuesday?

#309     Sep 3, 2008
  10. In an earlier posting yesterday or today Trade4 indicated that there is some discretion applied +- 2000 and 3000...I am sure there will be a reasonable explanation for that as I also understood it to be +-3000, too.

#310     Sep 3, 2008