Trading For Living - S&P 500 Market.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trading4Living, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Thanks I've been testing that for a while I exit 7 contracts at 2 points and let the other 3 run since most of the time I can actually get more than 2 points.

#281     Aug 29, 2008
  2. wtg, becks!

i would point out to the readers of this thread that 7 contracts at 2 points apiece is $700. if you can do that even 3 times a week, that's 2k/wk, which is 8k/mo, which is a good living for most people.:)

on top of that, the 8k/mo is only charged at 15% lt capital gains rate (for 60% of it; oridinary income tax on the rest). so not only are you making a good living, but unlike a regular job, you are taxed less on it. very nice indeed.:D

#282     Aug 29, 2008
  3. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

lol, i just heard that obama wants to increase taxes on the financial market though, like the dividend tax :eek:

anyway Becky, do you have a screenshot?

#283     Aug 29, 2008
  4. Something that always worries me about index futures: sooner or later liberal "let's stick it to the rich" types in Congress will target the favorable 60/40 tax treatment.

#284     Aug 29, 2008
  5. Here is a screen shot to confirm the trading size for today's trade
    I shaded the account # on the screen shot for privacy.

screen shot attached

#285     Aug 29, 2008
  6. Well done:cool:

#286     Aug 29, 2008
  7. I love the 60/40, but it is an unfair advantage given to futures traders by friends in Congress. I am surprised it has lasted this long.

#287     Aug 29, 2008
  8. well, stevie, i dare say that none of us is "rich" by mccain's definition of earning at least 5 million dollars per year....:D

#288     Aug 29, 2008
  9. Moving the stop to BE is the only problem this way I will get stopped out most of the time I'll have to use a bigger stop and risk the profits that I earned.

Will test it and see if its more profitable on the long run tho.

---
    Becky Biggs

#289     Aug 29, 2008
  10. I guess the main goal would be to leave at least some contracts out there to catch any bigger move. You'd have to work out the math for the different scaling ratios versus how much to tighten the stop (if at all)

#290     Aug 29, 2008