Trading For Living - S&P 500 Market.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trading4Living, Jun 29, 2008.

1. I'll keep watching till 11:00 if it keeps moving sideways I am out and done for the day.

#251     Aug 28, 2008
  2. What readings on the Adv/Dec have you been getting today?

#252     Aug 28, 2008
  3. ok that's it for me guys, No trade today.

Adv/Dec moved to 3000 in the first 15 mins I was expecting a good trade today but the price never confirmed so I am off.

#253     Aug 28, 2008
  4. comfut

comfut

This thread is an obvious troll for money to "teach you to trade".

On page 1 Becky says "I don't have a system for sale I am not a marketer. I can show you my method tho and we can chat online if you want to."

1) we find that she will teach you her method for a fee

2) she still has not explained what configuration of the adv/dec she uses to trade (could be, she's not really sure herself).

3) she expresses that her entry is 4pts above the open at the beginning, but now it could be 3-5. this is really no big deal though, as break-out systems should reflect atr.

In conclusion, Becky has really not "shown anyone her method". Some of the more experienced traders on here have asked her about the adv/dec indicator etc, but it has never been answered.

Becky, ET can be a great source for sharing ideas and information, but I think as you have found out, there are a lot of experienced traders on here who can "spot" the people who try to sell to others under the guise of a legitimate trader.

The biggest eye opener for me is your statement that 470 people have PM'd you. WoW. This is a good place for someone who has something to sell. Why not just proclaim yourself as such, get some students, and let them testify ?

If you are really in this to share, then why not answer the simple questions about the adv/dec indicator or your entry?

#254     Aug 28, 2008
  5. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

hmmm.. ok will you post a screenshot next time then?

:eek:

Well, I think most people here on this forum are selling their methods... but she probably exaggerated though i agree with you on that.. will see what she will post next:)

#255     Aug 28, 2008
  6. i had to post in response to this one, because it's almost exactly the same technique i use. it's boring, but makes consistent money. 90% of days pivot is hit. i'll take a 9:1 winner any day....

#256     Aug 28, 2008
  7. Which type of pivots are you referring to
    Classic, Woodie, Camarilla, DeMark ?

#257     Aug 28, 2008
  8. It took a while to get there, but if she (or anyone else) had taken the trade for the basic "2.0 pts ES" type of trade it would have been a winner .... stated far in advance of actually entering the position.

That's hard to beat around here.
    Don't let "teach me to trade" whiners scare you off Becky, most of them don't know where to start to create and implement a profitable trading system, and you obviously are way ahead of the game when it comes to that one.

Good trading

#258     Aug 28, 2008
  9. DonKee

DonKee

BoyBrutus, you will want to use the PP's that are most commonly used which are the classics. The others might work, too I've just never used them. As you put up the PP's day after day, watch how the markets react to them and do pay attention to the Nas, XLF, and adv/dec for a general bias.

Nothings 100%, so use good money management. stops, targets, runners, etc.

good luck with it.

#259     Aug 28, 2008
  10. <i>"90% of days pivot is hit. i'll take a 9:1 winner any day...."</i>

False. Recheck your stats... daily pivot is hit roughly 66% of the time, over the course of time during pit-session hours.

Still 70% odds of that happening. However, a number of those hits come from price action moving towards the pivot and halting right there when touched with no further movement into the close, no fade-trade setup available.

Fading pivot points is +/- 50% odds of probability over time. If there were a defined edge, it'd have been programmed to death in blackbox format long ago. Countless programmers have tried.

#260     Aug 28, 2008