Trading For Living - S&P 500 Market.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trading4Living, Jun 29, 2008.

1. omniscient

omniscient Guest

this thread is funny AND informative. some people have really helped illustrate why so many traders struggle in this business. instead of focusing on gaining a better market understanding, people devote cycles to whether or not BB can trade or is selling something or whatever. many have tried to emphatically declare her method CAN NOT be profitable. unless someone has the exact parameters she is using, i can't see how it is possible for anyone to determine whether or not her method is profitable. but, just like in trading markets, people continue to base their position on their own beliefs and biases. even when faced with conflicting or completely contradicting information, they keep selling into the big, real-deal rally.

BB has been criticized and attacked for not giving all the details of her method. she has been attacked for not just giving away everything she does. the market gets criticized and yelled at for doing the same thing. people always want a free meal, a shortcut, a gift, a way out of sharpening and developing their own active observational skills. damn the market because it didn't go my way immediately and give me 9million points on a 1-lot. good luck with that.

flamers will flame, losers will lose. it continues until it stops.

G/L BB and back welcome to ET.

have a great weekend all :)

#201     Aug 24, 2008
  2. cipher4d

cipher4d

If you are offering anything that resembles a service on ET you must post live trades, otherwise your thread will turn into this...

If you don't discuss your methods and then don't post live trades nobody cares.

This thread deserves everything it got.

#202     Aug 24, 2008
  3. my only point is this: she is only here to get "clients"...that is her/his only reason. if she makes calls like she said and they have the same winning percentage she blogs about; then i will say"great job"; although i still will believe that this is just a way to get clients.

i don't see see atticus, steve, oldtrader,optioncoach, etc sending out "i will teach you now for a price".....please all you becky lovers, be clear on my gripe.

#203     Aug 24, 2008
  4. Nobody cares about your gripe.

If you've read through the journal or read any of her blog you would see that she's sharing one of the most powerful concepts in trading that you can get, regardless of whether it is implemented via a ADV/DEC Line or any other derivative methodology.

That simple basic concept is:

a) trade Long when the market is making a strong uptrend.
    b) trade Short when the market is making a strong downtrend.
    c) sit tight when the market is in a consolidation phase or isn't showing any trendiness.

Sounds easy in concept, not so easy to implement when actually trading, and even more difficult to discern on a universal scale for any and all markets (which would do away with your wait time Becky, and negate your urge to try to fix what isn't broken).

The concept is a powerful one, and if it is being implemented successfuly by the OP I would tend to belive she's a woman or a very disciplined male who can get his ego out of the way and trade his system.

Either way, I hope you folks got someting out of this besides another ET bitch session, because there is something of great value here.

GL

#204     Aug 24, 2008

5. i may be new here mandy; but it is clear to me most good long time guys here call out frauds. so if my lack of posts translates to not knowing anything in your opinion; i really don't care.

she wants to sell you something; using some language most traders will gravitate to. it's that simple. since i trade options (for better than a decade) and vix future time spreads; does that mean i have no place here calling out (to me) a clear fraud?

reread her own words again mr iq:

Thank you for your email, I am glad you like my blog. well I have over 470 requests
    from people interested in my trading method so I can put you on a waiting list
    and get started with you in a few months or we can get started right away but that wont be for free. Let me know which one suits you better.

#205     Aug 24, 2008
  6. ... so does that mean that once she proves she isn't a fraud you will STFU and go away? :confused:

Lets all hope so.

The real question is why anyone would want to post anything of value on this website anymore ... oh yeah, they don't.

P.S. ... and if you want to play vendor police on the site, you're really barking up the wrong treee with this one.

LOL, idiot.

#206     Aug 24, 2008
  7. if you are correct, i will not post any more to this thread or subject. imo, the value i am bringing is in saving others who may be inclined to look for a holy grail that you know does not exist.

if i am proven correct, will you go away apologizing to me on your way out?

you do have some ego and seem very sure of yourself. you must be quite the profitable trader.

the only thing i have is a response to pay her/him for the chance to get 2 pts.

i will not and cannot compete with you. i had the time today, but during the week it is all vol trading. good trading to you.

she still is a fraud.

#207     Aug 24, 2008
  8. nobody's talking about a holy grail, or any other kind for that matter. Becky is talking about high prob directional setups taken with some "umph" behind them. She also mentioned a trade that resulted in a loss for her ... so far so good, sounds like BAU in the trading world to me. Nobody's selling Kool-Aid here.

why of course I will ... but you don't have to apologize to me on your way out, apologizing to Becky for disturbing her thread will be just fine. :)

everything is going very well in my world ... but thanks for sharing your opinions about other traders here on the board. now back to your regularly scheduled program, LOL.

very very true. good trading to you too.

this remains to be seen ... i've learned to give the benefit of the doubt when questioning others' motives. those who are frauds and scam artists tend to show their colors soon enough.
    We're all looking forward to your continued postings Becky. As far as the hecklers are concerned, they have always been at this website and they always will be, there's a low barrier to entry when the membership is free. :D

GL

#208     Aug 24, 2008
  9. Good luck to you.

Being a person of your word, you are going to prevail.

However, what a lot of us would definitely like you to include in your "live" trades is your stop loss provision, if you have any.

#209     Aug 24, 2008
  10. I have a 6 pts stop loss. I always like to give the market a room to breathe. Most traders specially newbies get shocked when they hear about the 6 pts stop thing.

Most of the time the market just makes a reversal then it continues to the original direction, so you can place a 2 or 3 points stop and get stopped out so often or you can place a 6pts stop loss and win most of the trades.

In the end it's about the winning %%
    the way I play it I get stopped every 12-15 trades.

#210     Aug 24, 2008