Trading For Living - S&P 500 Market.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trading4Living, Jun 29, 2008.

1. The only data I have access to is from my Interactive Brokers TWS. If you open a "Market Scanner" tab and select "Market Statistics" it gives you most of this data.

Thing is, it shows advancing issues and declining issues as separate line items and doesn't have an explicit "A/D line". Theoretically there's a symbol "ad-nyse" that shows this, but it doesn't work.

Another indicator on this screen is the TICK indicator; it's related to this and gives a more real time feel for sentiment.

#151     Jul 2, 2008
  2. monti1a

monti1a

Has it ever occured to you genuises that maybe she's using a CUMULATIVE adv/decl indicator?

#152     Jul 2, 2008
  3. You trade as ugly as you look?

#153     Jul 2, 2008
  4. P/V lags also by the time you see it on your chart or T&S and certainly after you try to digest its meaning. The brain lags, hence computerized trading.

#154     Jul 2, 2008
  5. It occurred to me. But on a down day for instance, it would need to keep declining since every 5 minute reading would make it more negative. Looking at the example Becky posted, it didn't look like it was doing that. In fact, it looks like it takes a difference between A and D, then plots the difference, every 5 minutes. What you can't account for is the Difference.

In any case, someone ought to be able to tell us how this indicator is constructed.

OldTrader

#155     Jul 2, 2008
  6. Here is my first trade in July:

03 July 08

[​IMG]

#156     Jul 4, 2008
  7. dtan1e

dtan1e

can u really trade 4 living earning only 2 pts each time or is this just one of your many strategies u trade?

#157     Jul 4, 2008
  8. This is the only way I trade

I average about 15 points a month.. I trade 8 contracts that's about $6k so yeah that's how I earn my living

Most of the months tho I average about 25-30 points because I get to catch a trending day and ride it till the close.. I do that when the ADVDEC signals a very strong signal in the first 15-30 mins of the day...

#158     Jul 4, 2008
  9. Not that it really matters much to your strategy but your exits are typically my entries. I was also long on the two bottoms from earlier in the day.

#159     Jul 4, 2008
  10. With your discipline and patience there is no reason why you can't make A LOT more money. Just a random thought.....you should add an additional setup to your repertoire (I probably butchered that word :D), that also has a high prob of winning, and trade a little more actively, and make more money. It sounds as though you have a tremendous amount of potential. Why not put that to work more often?

#160     Jul 4, 2008