Trading For Living - S&P 500 Market.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Trading4Living, Jun 29, 2008.

1. It's a personal preference you can trail it you can exit 50% of the contracts at 2 points the other 50% at 4 points etc.. it's depends on your style.. I feel better taking the safe 2 points and be done for the day in the first hour or two.

#101     Jun 30, 2008
  2. Yes, for whatever its worth I agree. Clearly profit targets reduce the overall profitability of all systems. Perhaps Becky doesn't know that or (more likely) she may trade a small account and cannot scale out after two points (which is what I would try to do).

Finally, it isn't my system so I haven't done the research. I would want to know all the nuance as to expected range once you get 2 points (how often could you get 3 and more?) given the setup rules.

As I mentioned in a previous post, for me, I just don't care about the specifics. I am more interested in concepts to test. Most of the time people post and have never really tested the setups. That is why so many here fail. They never verify the concept over a varying market, and invariably whatever edge it might have breaks down quickly.

Thanks for the comments. Good luck in the markets.

Steve

#102     Jun 30, 2008
  3. 1) Pretty girls can NOT trade. Exception being the daughter of a famous trader who then became an actress and GAVE UP Trading.

2) I can easily tell who are the real traders here for example ProfitTakgFool is a real trader and Jack H is not. So I would be happy to learn Profit's system since it would not be a waste of months of my time like trying to learn Jack speak.

3) For those that want to reply about that woman writing a forex trading book, all of those are fake bs. The only way to trade is with an edge. I have yet to meet a better forex trader than myself who has a verified system.

#103     Jun 30, 2008
  4. I'll give you an example of why this strategy is flawed.

Go back to 05/06

Examine the values at 10AM, as you suggested.

The rest speaks for itself.

Incognito

#104     Jun 30, 2008
  5. Tums

Tums

That summarizes everything about yourself.

#105     Jun 30, 2008
  6. So a one day example where the approach did not work invalidates the whole approach? Are you saying it has to be 100% working all the time or it is crap? I know nothing about the OPs work or approach but your comment that one day it did not work does not really prove anything one way or the other unless you can demonstrate any indicator or filter system which always is right.

#106     Jun 30, 2008
  7. Turns can not trade and is bitter about this fact.

#107     Jul 1, 2008
  8. I chose one day as an example, lots can be found. There is no edge here.

Incognito

#108     Jul 1, 2008
  9. Turns works at McDonald's along with Spydertrader and Jack H.

After work, they all go back to the home for the criminally insane.

Where of course, they are provided with internet access, to spread their madness on the new traders here.

Then later on, they take turns sucking off Jack so that he will tell them where he buried his $ billions that he made trading PVT.

That is why Turns old alias was semen breath. :D

#109     Jul 1, 2008
  10. I have no dog in the fight nor support the OP, just that finding some days where it does not work does not make the argument one way or the other.

#110     Jul 1, 2008