Trading for Girls

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garfangle, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Is there a particular reason why specifically trading seems to have fewer female participants than other financial careers? While women are still underrepresented in the financial industry, trading seem like the most acute in its ratio of males to females. By trading I mean trading as either a professional or a serious day/swing trader, not just someone who rejiggles their retirement portfolio from time to time.

I know that it cannot be just a revulsion of finance, as many women are brokers/financial planners, analysts, economists, CFOs, and other senior managers/executives. However, it seems that the particulars of trading keep women out of the business disproportionate to these other fields. And this is not just equities but other markets as well (futures/forex).

Any explanations, esp. to you females out there?

2. damir00

damir00 Guest

because they're smarter than we are?

:)

3. sabena

sabena

Maybe girls have it more difficult to live with the uncertainty

that trading creates.....some months not able to buy a new

set of clothes.....:p

4. Not just female traders - but hot, naked, bi-sexual female traders.

Why? WHY ARE THERE NOT MORE???

:eek: :confused: :D

5. There are some excellent female traders out there!

You could ask Girlpower, who is a member of ET - She's without doubt one of the most excellent traders on this site, to say the least, and certainly better and more knowledgeable than a large majority of male members/traders.

She's done anything from actual pit trading(!) to intraday trading from home, and understands pretty much any trading concept from scalping index futures to investing in bonds.

If anybody, she would know. Ask her :)

Sincerely,
    ~Scientist :cool:

6. maxpi

maxpi

Linda Raschke should serve as a great role model and a great looking role model as well.

7. Most prop firms don't allow girls, because every time they
    lose, they scream, and make some guys like me send wrong orders to the market

8. One more proof that books are not always written by those who have something of value to add.

9. BY NATURE, IT IS NOT THE FEMALE'S JOB TO GET FOOD/PROVIDE SHELTER (MONEY). MALES GENERALLY HAVE THE TRADING INTEREST MORE THAN FEMALES BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN THE MALE'S JOB TO GET FOOD/PROVIDE SHELTER SINCE LIFE EXISTED ON EARTH.

Now, I'm not saying a female can't be a trader. That's fine if she wants to. However, it is no surprise to me that there aren't many female traders because FEMALES DID NOT EVOLVE WITH THAT NEED.

10. sabena

sabena

I agree with Party_Animal...

It's just not in their nature...

#10     Jul 31, 2003