Trading for a Low-Paying Living

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by smilingsynic, Aug 7, 2005.

Do professional mark-to-market remote traders actually make a living trading?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2005.
  1. Yes. I made at least 50K in 2004

63 vote(s)
    39.9%
  2. Sort of. I earn at least 50K in most years

18 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. No. I rarely or never earn at least 50 K

77 vote(s)
    48.7%
  1. nitro

nitro

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Too funny. Hold on, let me get more popcorn. Don't you just love these analogies?

nitro :D

#11     Aug 7, 2005
  2. lol. swing this.

#12     Aug 7, 2005
  3. Keeping it positive?

#13     Aug 7, 2005
  4. Remiraz

Remiraz

But you cannot fully confirm if they're really mechanical engineers until they show their credentials right? I mean if you're a boss who is a mechanical engineer and you're looking for mechanical engineers. What do you ask for first?

Can successful traders recognize successful traders? No idea! Only successful traders can tell us the answer. Since I cannot prove if you're a successful trader, your answer is moot.

If you have seen their track records, then good for you! Since I haven't, basically it means there is no way i can tell. :D

Thanks for trying to explain anyway. :p

#14     Aug 7, 2005
  5. nitro

nitro

Yes,

We have a halo around our heads, those heads being very large heads clearly showing an encased larger brain. We are able to heal on contact, and if you pay us for mentoring, we will endow you with all the powers for the price of admission.

nitro

#15     Aug 7, 2005
  6. gnome

gnome

LOL! Good one.

#16     Aug 7, 2005
  7. Can a wall street trader making only 50k yr (1k week) keep his job. At that level, what kind of money is he making for the firm. I dont know any of them, but I'd guess that they make far in excess of 50k.

#17     Aug 7, 2005
  8. Mvic

Mvic

It might also say something about the type of clients he attracts.

#18     Aug 7, 2005
  9. i ued green from 2000-2003. the accountant i used did 200 returns for green out of 200 returns 5 people made money he said in 2002.so i read all these bullhit blotters on the trader p/l ite and ee guy making 15k a day and laugh. theey're doctering there entries

#19     Aug 7, 2005
  10. Dustin

Dustin

You have to consider that this is a better trading environment than 2002. I do not think anyone would bother doctoring their PnL's...just imo. I know enough successful traders to believe those numbers.

#20     Aug 7, 2005