Trading for a living OR Trading for a fortune

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Pension_Admin, Nov 25, 2006.

Do you trade..

1. ..for a living

36 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. ..for a fortune

53 vote(s)
    59.6%
  1. I think your reading too much into this. Just look at this chart of unemployment claims, it is very telling.

http://www.briefing.com/Investor/Public/MarketAnalysis/Calendars/EconomicReleases/claims.htm

When unemployment claims are at their lowest, then suddenly there is a sudden rise. Look at what happened in the late 80s. Everyone had a job and was feeling comfortable and then there was a sudden rise in unemployment claims.

This chart is over the course of years and its not quite at the low yet. However, it does suggest we are getting to a point where there might be an unusual spike. I would start to get worried when it reaches the low it hit in 1999-2000.

Im not worried about a housing crash or a stock market crash. It only gives rise to opportunities.

#31     Nov 26, 2006
  2. You know what an IBM selectric is. Tell me real quick without looking on Google. You probably dont know, do you... Its a typewriter that was invented in 1961.

I was taught to type on that machine in a high school classroom. It was actually a class. In that room, it was filled with these things. In order to pass the class, you had to type at a certain words per minute and with a certain accuracy. Now with an old fashioned typewriter, you cant just go back like you can on a computer. So in order to pass that class, you needed to type something without looking at the keys and the teacher used a stopwatch.

Over the years, I have used many different variations of computers, typewriters and keyboards. Apples, Commodore 64s, 8086, 80286, 80386, 80486, Pentium, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium 4, and now I have this AMD dual core.

I can type real fast and dont have to look at the keyboard. Maybe if they taught you how to type in that manner then you could actually write something long and drawn out.

As for owning multiple properties and stocks, I have news for you Nik. Life doesnt suddenly end after 30. Just be patient and calculating. Over time you will get there too.

As for time management, organize yourself to a point where you can manage multiple things at once. I once worked for two account executives at a REIT a long long time ago. One guy, came in at 6am and didnt leave until 6pm. He worked his ass off and it always seemed like he was on the phone. The other guy came in at 9pm and left around 2-3pm. The guy who worked his ass off made less money, while the guy who was never around made a lot more.

#32     Nov 26, 2006
  3. i think most of the people (whether jealous or just annoyed) here find it unbelievable that you own 33 properties, etc. considering that you are telling everybody and posting in the way you do.

Now I would get a real kick out of you proving everyone wrong and posting your name publicly, as well as links to all of the properties on the New Jersey property tax website. I think that would be pretty impressive, and shut some people up. Until then, its unarguably likely bullshit.

:)

#33     Nov 26, 2006
  4. im here trading to make it so that by the time im 40 i never have to do another minute of work unless i chose to!....does that mean make a fortune....no....it means my house (maybe 2 of them), cottage, 2 vehicles and my kids colledge tuition is already paid for. If after all that i have a couple million kickin around that allows me to improve my golf game to a par golfer that would be great.....really really reall great! :)

#34     Nov 26, 2006
  5. socalpt

socalpt

I chose trading because I am sick of getting kicked around in the work place. With so many opportunities to make money in trading, I am now seeking gold at the end of the rainbow.

#35     Nov 26, 2006