Trading for a living....full time....only income

Discussion in 'Trading' started by catcando, Jul 5, 2002.

1. uh huh.

But then there's "Bob" who trades from downtown Tehran while doing cocaine and smoking Cubans. Aside from servicing his harem, he trades CME as well....and does well from my understanding.

Why not move to Azerbaijan?

#131     Jul 22, 2014
    777 likes this.
  2. fxwannaB

fxwannaB

...clearly it is.

#132     Jul 22, 2014
  3. :) the only idea that comes into my mind about "bob" ,is
    "Bobby Sandez" street in Tehran which Iran government named this street because UK embassy is located there .(Boby Sandez was anti UK protestor ) ,it's like that russia rename the street of USA embassy location to "Osama Bin Laden street" :D
    BTW, Aazarbaijan also blocks transactions of Iranians due to sanctions. no one can trade CME from iran due to :1- internet connectivity issues 2- rigid sanctions 3- transferring fund is a BIG impossible 4- dropping national currency by 300-400 % etc...
    so managing that harem is so hard...

#133     Jul 22, 2014
  4. fxwannaB

fxwannaB

keep it up man... and post often, i like your style...:D

#134     Jul 22, 2014
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

You're just jealous because you don't have that live feed that allows you to see who's buying and selling so you can buy lows and sell highs.

How many lows did you buy today??? Huh???

Heck I started buying the lows in the middle of the night in CL and bought all the way down to 102.40. Then my live feed went wonky and couldn't see the buyers and sellers and I got stopped out at 102.35. That sort of thing makes me thankful for these modern trading tools!

As soon as I crowd-source new funding, I'll be back in action!

#135     Jul 22, 2014
    777 likes this.

6. Thanks NoDoji.....

Precisely why you need to peer through the window and watch the traders instead of a live feed. And read lips! Even if you sit out there all night long!

I've noticed (from watching through the window) that most floor traders mouth words "lower low is in" when they are about to move the market up.

Trading like this is Sooooo easy. :p

#136     Jul 22, 2014
  7. 777

Trading for a living....full time....only income

Thread started in 2002 and last post in 2014.

How many who answered Yes on this thread still make a living trading (?)

#137     Nov 10, 2017
  8. Sprout

Sprout

As a possibility, You’d find better answers by forming better questions.

Judging what someone else has done or failed to do has no bearing on what you can accomplish.

If you have doubt that anyone can make a living, specifically that YOU can achieve it, then that doubt is an indicator of a counter-productive belief in relation to your desire.

That counter-productive belief influences what you perceive. We trade what we perceive. If you are taking the losing side of trades, don’t take it personally, all there is to do is see what you didn’t see before.

Fundamentally, a turning point for me was to explore havingness, deservedness and self-esteem.

Incoherent beliefs in relation to one’s desires is difficult to examine and re-program, at least it was for me.

There’s a lifetime of accumulated pain and loss to sort out to drain the charge.

An easier way is just to change focus.

#138     Nov 10, 2017
  9. 777

Often it is smart to learn from others who have successfully walked a path.

"When seeking to be the best, it is wise to seek the wisdom of more than one master," Dr. AnnMarie De Mars, former judo world champion (aka, Ronda Rousey's mom).

#139     Nov 10, 2017
    sle and Sprout like this.
  10. qxr1011

qxr1011

only those who do not answer still make it

another thread from the series "Please confirm that Trading for a living is not a fantasy"

OP is definitely died long time ago (as a trader)

But let me rephrase the question "Please confirm that to become a world chess champion is not a fantasy". I can confirm it is not. Anyone can confirm. So what ? Do I or majority can become the champion in chess? Nope.

So when question like that is asked the OP usually forgot to add "for me".

and that question nobody including OP can answer, we can only try to achieve

all the great things start as the fantasy, someone someday makes them a reality

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    #140     Nov 10, 2017
    Sprout likes this.