Trading for a fast car

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chris Watts, Jul 26, 2003.

1. One of the best drives of my life was driving a M3 "lightweight" (summer of 95 or 96?) with a 6 spd sequential gearbox installed from europe. I was driving on the track at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin, and I was flying down a hill at about 150 as I started to bump down gears 6-5-4-3 just before turn 13. I hit the apex at 13 drifting with lite throttle, and then I dumped on the throttle and bumped 4-5-6 going up the hill out of turn 13...Wow what a car!!!!! To this day, I will always remember that day in the M3.

#31     Jul 27, 2003
  2. why doesn't anyone ever mention one of the very best sports car in the world:confused:

Dodge Viper!

[​IMG]

#32     Jul 27, 2003
  3. Once a dodge, always a dodge! I have driven several vipers and I think they suck! The new body styling is terrible! :eek:

#33     Jul 27, 2003
  4. Ferrari all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34     Jul 27, 2003
  5. oh ya well whats "sucks" about them?

ps i'll bet your lame!

#35     Jul 27, 2003
  6. I love the new E Class AMG and the CLK AMG for a convertible! :)

#36     Jul 27, 2003
  7. And who the fuck are you to ridicule someone for their taste in cars?

#37     Jul 27, 2003
  8. http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=2486&page_number=2

a little excerpt:

"The trip to 60 mph takes 3.9 seconds. It feels as if you could accomplish this in the parking lot behind Denny's. Along the way, you may notice the Viper isn't entirely in the lane you originally selected. Wait, now it is. Hold on. Now it isn't.

Here's how fast the Viper is: real goddamn fast. It reaches 100 mph in 8.5 seconds, 0.7 second sooner than a Corvette Z06. It's also 0.3 second quicker and 5 mph faster than a Z06 through the quarter-mile. Compared with the original RT/10, this latest Viper is a half-second quicker to 60 mph and a whole second snappier through the quarter-mile. In a drag race against the old car, you'll save so much time that you can glance back to count how many center cones you've toppled."

#38     Jul 27, 2003
  9. I do not like the suspension feel or handling of the vipers. Most of all, I just don't think they look very classy. The new viper styling looks like a Barbie car from Toys R Us!!!

BTW, lets get on a race track and we will see who is lame! :eek:

#39     Jul 27, 2003
  10. hey fpc, the article from Car and Driver tells it all! Wait a minute what lane am I in? :eek:

#40     Jul 27, 2003