Trading Floor Clerk

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BDGBDG, Feb 15, 2006.

1. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

I am not a paralegal. I am clerking for a judge, which is prestigious in the legal world. I know it means nothing in the trading world, where I actually want to be. I geat the idea though, and you are totally correct. I will look up that company. Mark Fisher sounds familar, too.

#31     Feb 15, 2006
  2. Frankly dude, you have too much of an ego to be successful in trading. You are going to be doubling down on fades all the time and will lose your ass.

Plan on blowing out a few accounts. Be prepared for a lot of stress. If you are not comfortable with this, then reconsider trading altogether.

Your goal should be to lose as little as possible. But, certainly not to make anything right now or anytime soon.

#32     Feb 15, 2006
  3. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

I don't have an ego at all. I will never double down. Losers average losers. Well, thanks for the advice. I am going to apply to MBF. I was just on the website.

#33     Feb 15, 2006
  4. the business of actual trading is good for two kinds of people

1) people with no other job they can qualify for (no degree nothing)

2) people who are old and retired / nothing else to do / bored/ enough money not to work.

Everybody else in between will have problems trading as a job IMO.

Stick with paralegal and trade part time,
    you'll make more money then 90% of the traders on this site.

Floor clerks are jobs for people with nothing else going for them. they need to start from the dirt bottom because nobody would hire them in the first place.

#34     Feb 15, 2006
  5. spread

spread

Here's the scoop.

At the NYMEX, 90% of the clerks got in because they know someone. More than 75% of the clerk jobs present little to no opportunity. I didn't know anyone, but I have one of the good jobs. How? I know how to make my resume look good, I interview well enough, and I got very lucky.

If you want to get in, call the exchange of your choice and find out how to get a job as a ring reporter. Before the open and after the close, hand out your resume to anyone who will take it. You'll get interviews and you'll get a job.

#35     Feb 15, 2006
  6. Ebo

Ebo

BDGBDG's EGO would not fit in the door of ANY exchange from his responses!

#36     Feb 15, 2006
  7. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

What ego are you talking about?

#37     Feb 15, 2006
  8. Ebo

Ebo

This one Bro!

"I am not a paralegal. I am clerking for a judge, which is prestigious in the legal world."

Good luck, you will be eaten alive on a trading desk.
    I started out getting lunch, and am semi-retired now.

PS: My next door neighbor is an A.D.A., I am going to find out who you work for!

#38     Feb 15, 2006
  9. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

#39     Feb 15, 2006
  10. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

What's an ADA, and why do you want to know who I work for? I will tell you who I work for if you want to know that bad.

#40     Feb 15, 2006