trading firms

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cstu, Nov 10, 2003.

1. cstu

cstu

Looking to get back in the markets with a firm that will capitalize me. I worked for five years trading firm money for a large bank and have a verifiable P&L trading US equities. My strategy is very low risk and does generate a great deal of business, most that I prefer doing through the box but I would also like to be able to deal with a network of floor brokers that I have used in the past.

Am interested in low transactions costs (again 98% of business is electronic), and being in a professional environment where the firm makes money when the traders make money and not just by "hitting send". Not particularly interested in these LLC deals though I am open to learning more.

Would love to hear suggestions about who I should be approaching? and any other relevant information needed to lead me in the proper direction. What firms I should contact, a friend had told me some good things about ETG. I have also heard good things about First New York though I believe they clear through BSC and mark everything up including dot orders.

At my former firm I paid all expenses and benefits (insurance,retirement,ss,health) off my personal P&L then I shared profits with the firm. Also, had a fairly significant draw which came off the top with the other expenses. The Net was shared with the firm.

Thanks for the help