Trading Firms in Los Angeles, CA

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by whitetuna, Feb 23, 2002.

1. We are not hiring anyone...?? How much does it cost to go to Law School, or any other place to get into a profession. Heck, people pay to go "franchise fairs" just to find a place where they can 'spend" (yes spend, waste) money on a franchise that they can then put money and time into. We offer education, in colleges, and in our course. I stand behind the quality, and so do the participants.

When you start any career or business, there is risk. If you get a "job" there is more risk (in my mind) since you are leaving your financial security to others who can fire you, or just plain go out of business. We prefer entrepreneurs who are trying to get ahead of the status quo.

And I always admit that trading is not for everyone. I think that if I can save someone tens of thousands of dollars by sharing the experience of excellent traders, then I have done a good thing.

Go to the freebies we offer, check them out...get an idea of what we are trying to do....I think you might feel a bit better about us as a firm.

#11     Feb 25, 2002
  2. I hate spending money as much as anyone, especially on trader "training" which I am skeptical of..

I went to one of the free "workshops" offered by Bright. I was hoping it wouldn't be a waste of the $10 in gas to drive out there.
    I was skeptical at first, listening to the speaker talk about chart patterns and tape reading. I did get one good idea out of it though, and integrated into my current practices will probably make thousands of $$$ off that over the next several years. I find it hard to believe you won't get at least a few good ideas out of the Vegas class. I'm not affiliated with Bright, by the way..

Also, I don't think it would be responsible to bring on people who have never traded before and not require they take some kind of training/orientation.

As far as bashing Don about charging $1000 for it, I don't understand it. I don't think any of us are working for free.

#12     Feb 25, 2002
  3. Something for nothing always sounds good and is very tempting, but it doesn't work that way in real life - especially in trading. :eek:

#13     Feb 25, 2002