Trading Firms in LA

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trendtrader500, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Does anyone know of any prop futures trading firms in the LA area? I run an equities desk out here but I am looking to take a shot at the e-minies.

2. I think there's Worldco in Santa Monica and some others in Irvine.

I know there's quite a lot in Orange County.

Good Trade!

Trend

:D

3. Don't know of any futures trading firms in LA.

Good Trade.

Trend

4. jester

jester Guest

I think their might be a Bright Trading office, also Andover may have a LA office. I think their is an EchoTrade office in San Diego, I don't remember one in LA. I have to admit I've never heard of a "prop futures" group being formed by "either" one of these firms.

I think you and I have pm'd each other before. My firm is opening a Prop. Futures division, but right now only in San Francisco. We have talked about trying to get an office or group going in Los Angeles before.

PM me if you want more information.

J-

5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

There are quite a few "prop" equities shops about: Bright, andover, and a few others scattered about the basin - mostly in pasadena, West LA, and long beach - and in south orange county - irvine, costa mesa, aliso viejo, Mission Viejo.

I know of only one futures firm - not prop the way most refer to it since they only take employees and dont require a stake. However, the firm has no open positions and wont be taking on any new recruits before the late fall .....

6. What happened to the "Tradesize" handle. I see these posts with quotes referring to Tradesize but seems every post by him has been erased. I am confused.