Trading Firms in Arizona?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Chris Paciello, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Hooti

Hooti

I went to high school in arizona. The references are to local headlines over time.

Topless girls are only at the nudist resorts, or private pools... as far a I know anyway. Arizona is conservative. The one nudist resort I checked out near Tucson while attending the U of A was run by a Mormon couple. Now how conservative is that!? Exposed... but no nonsense. They did have a petting zoo... with a real dear. Sounds funny to say it, no pun intended. Literally it was true.

I went to high school with a Jack Hershey, in a small town between Phoenix and Tucson. If it is the same as the Jack Hershey here, yes, that's about the way he would think and talk.

#11     Jan 14, 2013
  2. I was speaking of poolside where I lived. The Cloisters.

Private residential pools where friends gather are the same except self serve.

arizona is not a super place to search for trading firms. Most of us use traading locations out of state.

The elderly here can be vicitms of trading firms which have dead wood account reps.

Some California boutiques have very hot crews and they fly over to help out when needed.

#12     Jan 14, 2013
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

OMG, you owe me a keyboard, just spit my lunch all over it :p :p :p :p

Where the heck have you been, BTW?

#13     Jan 14, 2013
  4. Hooti

Hooti

I finally discovered a way to use the 'on demand' function of TOS. It never worked quite right... you couldn't place orders accurately, etc. Now I just put it on 'pause' and bump it up a min or two at a time. Don't even try to place an order, just keep track.
    So I'm forward testing Steveh's 'build a position'. [where about every 20 ticks or so you add a contract, but never cumulatively risk more than your initial risk] Took me forever to figure out how he could only have one win in thirty to net break even, but I'm seeing it. There are a lot of BE's, at least the way I'm doing it.

This use of OnDemand makes so many things so much easier. So I have more work to do again. OH... and I've had that flu that seems to hang on forever. But I can work thru the OnDemand and find my time well servered. Hope to be trading live again any day now.

*sigh* Oh the good memories back at the nudist place. Imagine being there the first day. Very nervous. The owners wife... a middle aged lady... is in the all together but with a broom sweeping the floor as she interviews me. My being a single guy graduate student, who they had to check out before releasing into the general population there. Come to think of it, you know, there is a significant martial artist group in Tucson. I wonder if she knew how to use a Bo Staff and had that broom in hand just in case I became a bit to frisky? You just never know. Some things you can't tell from just looking at someone....

#14     Jan 15, 2013
  5. Anyone else in the AZ area that knows of any Trading or related firms/companies hiring? Or worth looking into.

I seen ING. Vanguard. ETrade. Scottrade. Merrill Lynch/Edge.

ML and Vanguard are mainly looking for Customer Service positions.

I was looking into ETrades Financial Consultant opportunity but they want 7, 63 and 55. Still need to get the 55 for that. Seems like a great opportunity.

Not sure on the Financial Advisors position with Schwabb or Scottrade. They don't seem to be making much $$$ and large turnover rate. From what I have heard and seen. Could be wrong though.

I'm looking more of a financial markets - Trading. Trading Assistant. Agency Trader. Institutional Trader, etc.

#15     May 22, 2014

6. Edward Jones?

#16     May 28, 2014
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

ECHOtrade was based out of Phoenix ( Camel Back) they sold out to T3, Since ECHO owners are now class B, T3 members I am guessing they are operating T3 group out of their location...

#17     May 28, 2014
  8. T3 bought ECHOTrade?

Wow! That's crazy. I did not know that. When did that happen? The Echo office out here is now T3?

#18     May 30, 2014
  9. Wasn't ECHO a retail firm though?

#19     May 30, 2014