Trading Expo

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Shorteee, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Worldco bashers,

I'm not a prop trader but reading Hitman makes me want to move to NYC and join up at Worldco. How many companies have employees that are so damn enthusiastic? You can say it's his job to push the firm, but I don't doubt that he means every word of it. Worldco may be crass and some of their people may lack couth, but they sure must be doing something right.

#51     Feb 22, 2002
  2. Our great municipality needs you to move to NYC, too. I'll even help you look for an apartment. Downtown? Uptown? We want you here! We'll help you get settled.

I love NYC, and so will you!

#52     Feb 22, 2002
  3. Looks like 'the powers that be' edited this thread like crazy.

How wonderful it is that someone else is deciding which part of the "open" discussion that I am allowed to read. I would never want to decide for myself what to believe or not believe.

Maybe if I buy some banner ads, my posts will not be deleted. Heck, I could even get ET to delete any posts that criticize me.

On ET, free speech has a price tag.

#53     Feb 22, 2002
  4. AAA-
    If you're moving into NYC I've got some info for you...my sister just moved into a studio apt on the upper east side...price=$1050 per month...it's about the size of my bedroom...on the sixth floor...no elevator....and the realtor fee was about $1200
    so be prepared...personally I'd be more interested in moving to San Diego to work at the new Echo office...a friend of mine checked it out and said it was super-sweet

#54     Feb 22, 2002
  5. AAA

Come to Houston....we have lots of room and lots of on-site firms and traders. For $1050 you can get a house with a yard! Put up your satellite dishes and you're done....:)

#55     Feb 22, 2002
  6. Why would anyone live anywhere else? No State Income Tax, free food, 5 bedroom house (brand new) for $150,000....great weather...and, most important......a great place to trade from..

:)

Hi Martha!!! We should get jobs for local tourism and convention bureau's....

#56     Feb 22, 2002
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

Tony could try out some of video tele conference software http://search.dogpile.com/texis/search?q=video+conference+software&geo=no&fs=web
    -------
    LetsTrade

02-20-02 04:12 AM
    Oz

Glad to hear Oz bought ADPT! I use his scanner and bought ADPT on a retracement (it was
    a bottomfisher candidate) today. Let's hope the Naz holds tomorrow. Whoever is short the
    QQQ since a week or two ago, bully for you!

I spoke with Tony briefly before he left for the Expo. I'm researching web conferencing
    options for him so he can get started with his mentoring program.

#57     Feb 22, 2002
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

#58     Feb 22, 2002
  9. Is this video conferencing software free (or reasonable), and can we simulcast our TV show on it.....?? Does anyone know of a way to do this at a reasonable cost?

We've been asked to webcast some of the training we do (which makes sense), but I would like to do a webcast of the tV like bloomberg does with their little window in the Media Player software...

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

#59     Feb 22, 2002
  10. Don,

I trade on the Web-X software. It works really well. The video screen is seen by all participants and the audio is done through a conference feature w/i Web-X. I can't say it is cheap, but it is stable. If you would like to sit in on a live trading session next week we will sigh you up. Let me know.

#60     Feb 22, 2002