Trading Expo

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Shorteee, Feb 17, 2002.

1. mgb,

I currently use Esignal. I'm thinking of changing to RealTick and one of their Direct partners. I was thinking about the Marketwise rebate program with Tera Nova. I'm not sure it is worth it. The reason is that you have to alot of trading to get $10 - 15 trades. Being a newbie, I'm not trading 500 times a month yet and probably won't be for a long time. GlobalTradz, a RealTick partner, starts at $9-10 dollars, 1000 lot and scales down from there. The 5 plus dollar difference between GlogalTradz and TerraNova can add up. It might be better to pay for REalTick, the education and get less expensive trades. Comments welcome.

Mike

#11     Feb 18, 2002
  2. easyrider,

Do you know anything about his track record or anyone that has trained with him?

Thanks,

Mike

#12     Feb 18, 2002
  3. I went to the seminar and as usual ran into the people selling stuff that is of little use to a person who wishes to succeed as a trader. I sat through a couple of emini seminars and was annoyed that they all dealt with every aspect of the chart except where it matters-the right edge!

When I was on the trading floor most of the successful traders ( i.e. over 6 figures consistently) I met were of 3 types-

1. very good in simple rudimentary trading stuff such as crack spreads(oil vs. gasoline), march coffee vs. July coffee, pivot points, MA trading, sound options trading and most important-great skill in chasing paper.

2. takes liberties with their customers orders, I'll wink when I have a big order and you'll wink if you have one so we'll make $ together.-i.e. thieves

3. someone who has discovered his own holy grail. Notice my use of the word "own holy grail".

I met a good number of the third type and I know that they would take their system with them to the grave bacause their economic survival depends on it. The only time they would part with it is when it does'nt work anymore.

For anyone out there considering spending $ for these seminars. Ask yourself-If you have a system that predicts the SP movements better than random i.e. 50% wouldn't you keep it to yourself. The amount of $ to be made would be so vast that you'd want to take that system to your grave too, unless of course it stops working.

Just my 2 cents

#13     Feb 18, 2002
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

Tony Oz conduct free class and give away book, thank Tony

#14     Feb 18, 2002
  5. murphy

murphy

The expo was a lot smaller than the previous years. Most of the booth provide nothing and you can just tell the industry is hurting bigtime accross the board.

I attended the Tony Oz seminar and learned a few things from Mr. Oz. He's a very like-able guy and I got a free book out of the deal. We decided to leave early when he was going to spend the rest of the seminar discuess his Oz Scanner.

I don't blame Tony, the industry is hurting and everyone will need a sponser like RealTicker to work with. On the cover of Tony's book, you will see him posing with screens of of RealTick and Tri-kenetics advertisement (machines).

Just my 2 cents,

Murphy

:cool:

#15     Feb 18, 2002
  6. I just got back from the expo and felt the show was light in attendance but good in that I had more time for questions and feedback from the presenters, etc.

The marketwise booth was jammed packed the entire time and I felt these guys were outstanding. Dave Nassar did a setup on a trade he made before he came and talked through the trade entirely (which was recorded). They said they would send a copy. This was well done and he really explained stops well and how he sets them, which was very helpful.

RealTick was jammed packed as well and I read any earlier post that tee shirts were not given out. This is not true, I got three! Anyway, RealTick shops were also really good including Tony Oz and his scanners. I don't think I could trade off the scanners but they can be helpful to find ideas.

The show was good, but the market has taken its toll on it as it has the industry. It was noticeable flatter than last year.

#16     Feb 18, 2002
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

look like everybody went to Tony seminar, his bottom fisher and sky scraper come from morning doji start and evening doji star pattern http://www.litwick.com/indicators/1211.html

25 rules of discipline by doug zalesky from elocaltrading.com was interesting and easy to understand

but the real germ is Ted Tesser the author of "the new trader's tax solution" if you still have to file tax his book will be the best investment you ever make, anybody go to his seminar? as I was unable to stay for his seminar

#17     Feb 18, 2002
  8. Eldredge

Eldredge

Bullfighter,

IMHO the best thing any new trader can do is start with a per share broker like IB and use VERY small size. I believe that unless you have a huge account, it will be almost impossible to overcome the commission and losses when you are first starting out if you don't use someone like IB or maybe a pro/prop firm. I have been very happy with IB in general.

#18     Feb 18, 2002
  9. -if you are new they are okay, you can have lots of people try to sell you things all the time

-if you are bored and have nothing better to do than why not

-and why does anybody go with broker other than ib since they are so cheap? why dont other ones lower price?

#19     Feb 19, 2002
  10. Threei

Threei

Booths and presentations are hard to talk to, to each their own... useless for some, of interest for others... I would rather share impressions of people I've met, it's interesting to put real faces next to messages.

Baron. Energetic, very goal-oriented, fast thinker, good sense of humor. Was very nice to meet you Baron, after seeing you online starting from 1997.

Tony Oz. Well, what to say... Tony is Tony :) Brilliant, ironic, looking for challenge (too much for my taste :)), self-confident (with all the reasons to be). Great pleasure to have even brief talk with.

Linda Raschke. Absolutely amazing woman, so open, sincere and generous. Great trader - but that's a given. Good looking, too.

Chris Terry. Very nice guy, too bad elite hasn't accomodated him. I am sure his insight would bring plenty of things to learn. If his skin is not thick enough to take what boards have thrown at him, well, what is it people look for here, thick skin or trading insights?? :)

Brandon. Man, how do you manage to be in 15 places at the same time?? Toni, two questions: 1. Do you feed him something nuclear? and 2. How do you control this ball of energy?? :)

Me. Balding, somewhat overwheight. If you can tolerate my English, I actually might have what to say. My irony is mostly self-directed, so rarely I let you make jokes on my account - I just think I can do it better.

Those who attended Expo, let's compare impressions... those who haven't, hope it will help you personalize some of nicks. Internet makes us forget sometimes that there are actual people behind posts.

Vad

#20     Feb 19, 2002