Trading: Exhausting!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by kmiklas, Aug 10, 2016.

1. And many times these big bets go bust.....there are no guarantees with trading.

#51     Sep 4, 2016
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

Your friend is more of an exception though, rather than the rule.

#52     Sep 5, 2016
  3. Mtrader

Mtrader

The exception to confirm the rule.

#53     Sep 5, 2016
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

Ha, I walked right into that one, didn't I?

#54     Sep 6, 2016
  5. Mtrader

Mtrader

Because it is the rule, rather than the exception? :confused: :D

#55     Sep 6, 2016
  6. kmiklas

kmiklas

Jesus Christ today almost killed me.

I analyzed HPE; they announced Q3 earnings today. I really believe in the decisions that they are making, and went in with 1/2 of my whole stake. Here at 9pm the price is still jumping all over the place. I don't think that the market knows wtf to make of this company.

I spent 1/2 hour on the phone with my broker, drilling him with questions as to how "margin loan amount," "Special Memorandum Account" and a buch if othwr metrics are calculated. I refused to accept the answer of "It's too complicated," and needled him woth questions until he finally barked at me, stating, "If you have a margin account, you're supposed to understand all this. I can't spend 2 hours explaining this to you."

Then, I got a call from a vwry prestigious firm, inviting me back for a 2nd interview.

I was ready for bed at 4:15pm, but... the Martin Barre band (Jethro Tull guitarist) is in town, so now I'm drinking IPA's and listening to the beat live music I've heard in 20 years.

#56     Sep 7, 2016
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Successful trading is not exhausting. Expand your time frames if overstressed.

#57     Sep 8, 2016
    Andrea Wylan likes this.
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Good Lord 1/2 my stake and asking about being exhausted. Everyone knows who Martin Lancelot Barre is by the way.

#58     Sep 8, 2016
  9. GotherL

GotherL

When you 1st start trading there is so much information you're trying to gather. There was so much to learn, so much I didn't know and I was very impatient about it. Even now I still haven't developed a solid timetested strategy for myself so I am always gathering info or trying to figure out ways to make money in the stock market which can be stressful esp when I don't have much of a initial investment. The fear & stress of losing it all in just 1 or 2 trades is overwhelming.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    #59     Sep 10, 2016
  10. Mtrader

Mtrader

Successful trading should be boring.
    You know before you start what you are looking for and what to do: long signal is go long, short signal is go short.
    You know already with high probability what the market will do and you know already your maximum loss (more or less) as you have a stop.
    All you have to do is take the signal and wait, wait, wait wait... How can waiting be exhausting? Because that's what you should do most of the time.
    Exhaustion comes from having no clue what to do and breaking your head all the time.

Sample: I think it is long... I am not sure... Yes it is long... what happens? Go short?... Maybe wait... it is not clear anymore... should I stay in or not...even my system does not know anymore what to do...
    Yes in this case trading will be very exhausting.

#60     Sep 10, 2016