Trading: Exhausting!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by kmiklas, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Handle123

Handle123

You took this out of content, so I refuse to answer.

#41     Aug 31, 2016
  2. Handle123

Handle123

Works best if you automate, have others sit and confirm it working and like any other business check it once a day and go off to tackle others commitments besides the Starbucks breaks. Watch other people work is much more fun.

#42     Aug 31, 2016
    CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Not too keen on his politicking but Warren Buffett certainly has it right when it comes to keeping your eye on the prize:

"Except for his company’s private plane—more a business tool than a luxury—there is nothing of self-importance about him. He drives his own car, lives in a nondescript house, hardly ever vacations and just last month passed up an invitation from his close friend, former Washington Post chairman Katharine Graham, to dine with President Clinton on Martha’s Vineyard. Buffett will travel a long way for good bridge game {not during business hours}, but he’ll scarcely bother to cross the street for the sake of rubbing shoulders with celebrities."

#43     Aug 31, 2016
  4. It generates lots of random numbers quickly? Not sure I understand the purpose of it.

#44     Aug 31, 2016
  5. Likely simulates actual price action in the NQ/ES/DJ futures markets.....good for backtesting algos.

#45     Aug 31, 2016
  6. Mtrader

Mtrader

It is interesting to see how people do very difficult and complicated things to improve their trading performance. I am too stupid for that.

But I always wonder: what is their real performance at this moment?

Because in the end, that's all that counts. And being smart and doing high tech things with wizard systems is no guarantee for success. It should be productive and make sense.

#46     Sep 1, 2016
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

5 pages of posts, and not one mention of music. Music is the secret.

Other than that.... drink heavily, party with friends, laugh non-stop, jog daily, get a cool dog, help people, protect the weak..... and never look at the numbers on your screen like they are actual dollars. Its a scoreboard, nothing else. Play to win.

And get that music. Always trade with music. Your account will look like this:

stf.png

-vz

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    #47     Sep 3, 2016
    tomas262 and kmiklas like this.
  8. Mtrader

Mtrader

Why simulate if you have REAL historical data to backtesting. Nothing is more real than real data.

#48     Sep 3, 2016
  9. comagnum

comagnum

A famous trader once said ' you get out of the market whatever you are looking for'. When you are ready you can always switch to the 'less is more' way of trading. Some star trader

I agree on this for sure.

#49     Sep 3, 2016
  10. comagnum

comagnum

In the late 90's I was day trading Amazon and a few other darlings of the day. Meanwhile my friend set a large position - 5 years later he was a millionaire and I
    Reading your post reminded me of a quote from a famous trader " everybody gets what they want out of the market" - Ed Seykota

#50     Sep 3, 2016
    mlawson71 and kmiklas like this.