Trading EUR/USD automatedly (version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bhristov, Feb 5, 2013.

1. bhristov

bhristov

Great short. I had 4 micro lots at the begininng but I manually closed 2 for small profit. The rest I closed at 1.3025 or so.

Acct bal: 396.63
    Percent return 98% ytd

Signals are below.

#21     Apr 17, 2013
  2. bhristov

bhristov

Another L shaped sell off I think it has more legs so I have started reinstating my original position shorted 2micro lots at 1.3036

#22     Apr 17, 2013
  3. bhristov

bhristov

I slept through the opportunity to get out of my short for a profit. instead I exited at 1.3080. My program had given buy signal in the meantime. I will see if I will jump in or just wait till next week to resume trading.

Acct value 376.77

#23     Apr 18, 2013
  4. bhristov

bhristov

Here are the last set of signals. Not much to write about. I traded te last short then closed at the end of market hrs. On to next week.

Acct Blance 378.88

#24     Apr 19, 2013
  5. bhristov

bhristov

I'm currently shorting the gap up from 1.3073 back to 1.3051 with full size.

#25     Apr 21, 2013
  6. bhristov

bhristov

Out of my trade, I am about to fire up my program to take over.

Current Balance: 412.76

Below is a pic of my trades last night, where I shorted and where I got out.

#26     Apr 22, 2013
  7. bhristov

bhristov

Closed out my short that was initiated automatically last night.

Current account value is 437.11
    Percent return this yr: 118.6%

I will post a chart with signals when I get back home today.

#27     Apr 23, 2013
  8. nice job you're doing here

I just rated your thread 5 stars

#28     Apr 23, 2013
  9. bhristov

bhristov

Thank you Hurricane. I will try to post more signals as well as noting which signals I actually do take. As a general rule my program will take all the signals and apply a 50pip stop across them all.

However, I will manually disregard signals when there are much more probable setups, such as gaps, that I think make them low probability trades (this increases my profitability overall). I will also exit some very profitable trades when they have become heavily extended in my opinion (this overall lowers my expected profitability by leaving money on the table plenty of times).

I will eventually try to automate these decisions too. But from rigorous testing I believe that my strategy is still profitable as is with no added human interference. Its expected to generate about 20% a month on 1 to 10 or 15 leverage roughly.

As promised my trade last night that was generated by program and closed manually this morning. I am anticipitating a buy signal any minute as well.

#29     Apr 23, 2013
  10. bhristov

bhristov

Here are the signals generated this week. I have filled in the one I have actually taken. The others were overriden due to the GAP up on Sunday.

#30     Apr 23, 2013