Trading ES Mini S&Ps For a Living

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Get In Get Out, Jan 30, 2009.

1. What is the optimal ESMINI S&P software platform with low commissions which you can trade and scalp all day long with very low commissions? I was thinking of going with IB using QuoteTracker? 2) Anyone have any negative experiences with globaltrader. I kind of think it is skethcy that they allow u to fund an account with $1,000 and give u margin requirements of $500/lot to trade the mini S&P's....

#11     Jan 30, 2009
  2. Don't try to scalp the ES. You will lose. Prove it to yourself...by sim trading. Your goal should be to make points, not ticks. 2-3 points risk with 6-12 point profit targets. 1-2 trades per day. Try Ninja/Zen/Amp.
    Good luck.

#12     Jan 30, 2009
  3. porge

porge

unless u r a very experienced successful trader the commissions are irrelevant.....u will be trading small to 1 contracts ...demo trade after a couple of years realtime learning that it is a rare duck who wins in this business....you will think u have found the things that others have not seen...that is a trap ...almost everytime...i went thru that for years thinking I was seeing great stuff that was mine only...not...

#13     Jan 30, 2009