Trading ES in a prop firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by FranklySpeaking, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm referring to intra-day moves only and the fact that the spoos back and fill much more then the Russell and the NQ. And I believe that one cannot simply be a breakout trader or range trader. You have to be able to trade both. We trade the range days in the spoos just as well as the trending days.

#31     Jan 31, 2007
  2. ryank

ryank

Would that be Mr. Pickens?

#32     Jan 31, 2007
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

No. LOL.

#33     Jan 31, 2007
  4. John Visconti?

#34     Jan 31, 2007
  5. What ones? I can't find any. Everybody says there are many prop firms that trade emini but nobody can give a name of just one.

#35     Feb 1, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you serious? Come on man, do a search on this site. Upper right hand corner. There are 5k posts on the subject. Jeez.

#36     Feb 1, 2007
  7. What firm do you trade with Mav?

#37     Feb 1, 2007
  8. http://www.vtradergroup.com/

Oops, I guess we are the same person, LOL.

'Don :D

#38     Feb 1, 2007
  9. Don, I was curious about the .75 cents vs. $4 a r/t comparison also? If a futures trader were paying $4 r/t all in per contract, wouldn't you compare that to an equivalent position in equities? Say 1 mini NQ contract would be roughly 800 shs. of the QQQQ's. I can't say for sure what the approriate equity commission is, but .003/sh all in for each side on equities ends up being the same or a bit more for a roundtrip on the QQQQ 800 sh equivalent. Let me know if I'm off base here, as I would like to know. Thanks

#39     Feb 1, 2007
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Did Don ever answer this? I'm not sure if Don was trying to make a point about commissions, but futures commisons are much cheaper then stock commissions. But he seemed to make the inverse argument, so obviously I'm missing something.

#40     Feb 2, 2007